WASTE GATE / BOOST CONTROLLER HELP!!!!!!!

Veen0

So I bought a manual boost controller for my 1991 Toyota Celica GT-Four and not knowing that it wouldn't work because I got the factory waste gate on my car. I also tried looking for some aftermarket waste gate to put in but I didn't have any luck finding any. So I was wondering if any of you guys tried taking out the spring on the waste gate and just relying on the boost controller control the boost. I know it sounds really dumb (lol), but I'd like to know if this would work. xD

Would really like some feedback about this.
Thanks!

FC Zach

Veen0":34o1039b said:
So I was wondering if any of you guys tried taking out the spring on the waste gate and just relying on the boost controller control the boost. I know it sounds really dumb (lol), but I'd like to know if this would work. xD

Would really like some feedback about this.
Thanks!

Don't do that, it doesn't work that way. The wastegate spring is rated to open at a certain boost pressure, the controller manipulates that pressure to the wastegate so it'll open later.

Veen0

Nvm to all what I just said up there lol, I did some research on how to get it done properly, I just plugged the T VSV and i set the my desired boost of 15 PSI. So from 1st to 2nd I was running 15 PSI and 3rd to 4th I hit 16-17 PSI. Little did i know that the GT-Four RC has a fuel cut off at 17 PSI, so when that happened I thought I blew my engine lol. I was scared shitless haha :D.