Clutch for 500-600ftlbs? 500-600hp

lordvampire

Hi,

Looking Street-friendly clutch for 500-600ftlbs? 500-600hp for ST185. Reliable and with good price :D (I understand that is not reality, but what would you use)
Any suggestions?

audiodjmp77

Sounds like a stage 3 or multi plate clutch. I have a stage 2, and mine can be quite "digital" (either on or off :) ) I think mine is an exedy unit and once you get used to it, it behaves like a normal clutch

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

ChrisD

I'm looking for similar power levels and selected an OS Giken R2CD. Not cheap but you asked what we'd go with, and that's what I went with. Perhaps you could get away with a single disk but would depend on which one specifically and your intended use. (i.e. will you be launching it?)

lordvampire

OS Giken .. is what I have been suggested various places now... seems like real option.
https://www.nengun.com/os-giken/racing- ... ate-racing

Other-one, not so obvious, is SPEC Clutches. Got the answear:
"The st3+ is a very street friendly unit and holds 555 ft lbs. If that is not enough capacity, then stage 5 (670 ft lbs) or the twin disc (800 ft lbs) are streetable options, just not as friendly as the 3+."

Now... the st3+ 555ft lbs (750+nm) its enough. Sounds super, has anyone used "SPEC Clutches" products? It is tempting.

Edit: not launching. Track race (tarmac) and street drive.

lordvampire

Got in my hand OS Giken Super Single
01106480977f741.jpg

Its rated 400whp(480hp) / 539nm ? ...

I have 409kw/~550hp,.. will it be little weak... or it has little extra ? (I just got the the kit next to nothing)