New Shifter Cable Group Buy

CSAlltrac

Just as the title says, who would be interested in participating? Myself and Toayaztan are two, company I found said the more that buy the cheaper the cables will be.

CSAlltrac

He gave me a very rough estimate of $150 per cable so $300 a set. I'm in need of 90-91 cables and will be sending him my current, bent set as a template. The members in need of a 92-93 set would need to come up with a set of cables to send as a template. Bryan (Toayaztan) said he may do this. I will be sending my cables to them next week after this weekends track day so 90-91 variant should be ready to be made by middle of January. I think if there's at least 5-10 committed buyers $80-100 a cable would be very doable. Here is a link to the company I am talking to.....
http://www.controlcables.com/custom-shift-cables/

fussellbug

aus jd 2703":8kl29qjd said:
Are they the same lhd to rhd? If so I might be in cost allowing

Part numbers for JDM and USDM cables were the same 33821-20700 + 33822-20271 (90-91) and 33821-20870 + 33822-20393 (92-93).

rrain3288":8kl29qjd said:
Was there a difference in the cables over the years ...I never knew

The 90-91 and 92-93 cables should be interchangeable simply by using bushings that fit the diameter of the cable ends.

underscore

^ meaning the 92-93 have one larger end on the trans side. IIRC you can swap cables between the pre and post facelift as long as you have the correct bushing (which I imagine would come with these cables). I assume the post might be an upgrade of some sort, but who knows.

CSAlltrac

Spoke to the guys that would be making them again. The cables that they would provide would be about 85-90% dialed in requiring some trial and error in getting them installed on each different car. That said I will probably go forward with getting a set made and see what has to be done. Might be a real pain to go this route. Their cable ends will have threaded portions that would allow different heims to be utilized on the trans side. The shifter side may require robbing the stock cables of their ends and securing them to the new cables somehow. One thing I know for sure is having a bent cable is very, very frustrating.

toayoztan

CSAlltrac":1gc7slw7 said:
Spoke to the guys that would be making them again. The cables that they would provide would be about 85-90% dialed in requiring some trial and error in getting them installed on each different car. That said I will probably go forward with getting a set made and see what has to be done. Might be a real pain to go this route. Their cable ends will have threaded portions that would allow different heims to be utilized on the trans side. The shifter side may require robbing the stock cables of their ends and securing them to the new cables somehow. One thing I know for sure is having a bent cable is very, very frustrating.

If the new cables can't be made from scratch, then I don't think I can send in my cables (since mine still work). I was more or less just wanting an alternative or fresh set of cables to work with (for that JIC or What if moments).

Bryan

hoys

For my 165 I used California Push-Pull. Sending in the old cable to reuse both ends (front back cable) and the price was 154 with shipping. Cable was very nice and they even provided new fire sleeve material for the cable. Well worth the price for the cable that always breaks!