NW Rally Cross... YEAH BABY!!!

A

Anonymous

Since the forum got moved around a bit... some of you may have forgotten about Rally and Rally Cross events in the North West.

For instance...

THIS SUNDAY, the 29th is the Hood River Rally Cross at the Fairground in Hood River, OR. PGT and Open (all trac cars) runs in the Afternoon Group but if you bring out your ST/GT FWD cars, you are running in Production or G2 which runs in the Morning.

Get your Silly Car (affectionate Rally lingo for Celica) to look like THIS...

flingin.jpeg

If THAT doesn't get you motivated... I just know know what will. ;)

For more information on this and the next Rally and Rally Cross events... please visit the Oregon Region website at www.OregonRally.com or email me directly at Rallycross@Oregonrally.com or dkov@pacifier.com

I really, really hope to see you all there!

Scott "DKOV" Kovalik
-------------------------

A

Anonymous

ALSO....

What ever happened to the pictures from the last Rally Cross in Seattle? We were waiting, waiting, waiting... and then the forum changed.

What's Up? Pleeeeeease..... I need my PIC FIX!!! LOL!!!

Scott "DKOV" Kovalik
---------------------------

AWDios

I'd go, but the All-Trac isn't where I want it to be yet. So I have to settle for the intermiadiate drivers training with the BMW club in my dad's M5. Woe is me.

LechacZ

Hey Scott,
nice to see Alltracs going to these events!
I just tried a Rally-x last weeknd here in Ontario, Canada...
this stuff is fun! I had a blast! :D

A

Anonymous

In the words of my good Friend Yoda...

"Do or Do not... there is no try".

;)

PLEASE make it!!!!

Scott "DKOV" Kovalik

Plex

ok, then I wont be there. and if I am, then its a surprise.

just look for a dumbass in a red ST165 haha

A

Anonymous

Just playin' around man... c'mon out. We all look like a dumbass with that teeth bearing grin after each and every run!!!

:lol: <--- something like that.

I really, really hope you can make it. I'd love to see as many all tracs, and you, there!!!!

Best,

Scott

-------

yoursymphonyinc

ok, so i was supposed to get many hella good pictures from the PacificRaceways RallyCross/Car Killer. The guy who took them for me serves in the Army, he drove his WRX at the meet too. Well, his vacation ran out and he went back to South Korea! so the pics might be a bit longer than we previously thought... damnit.

SO, long story short, i'm hopeing to put pics from that meet up in the next 2 weeks... hopefully

sorry about the wait guys, espec. you DKOV, i know you want your pic fix

A

Anonymous

No problem... I understand completely. :)

BY THE WAY... In case any of you need help with directions on how to get to the Hood River Fair Grounds....

Directions -
Take I-84 EAST toward the Dalles.
Take Exit 64 toward OR-35/MT. HOOD HWY/WHITE SALMON/GOVT. CAMP
It makes a funny loopy thing immediately after you exit but turn right onto BUTTON BRIDGE RD/US-30
Take the "straight" onto OR-35
All of that happens in the first few hundred yards!

That was the hard part... now...

Stay on OR-30 until you reach ODELL HWY/DAVIS DR. which is a RIGHT Turn off of the 30.
Take that right and continue to follow ODELL HWY into Odell
Odell is a tiny little town that you will go straight through (all of the 3 or 4 blocks)
Just at the "edge" of town you will take the prominent LEFT turn on to SUMMIT, following the FAIRGROUNDS sign.
The fairgrounds are just up a bit from there, you'll see it on your right.

Map%20to%20Fair.jpg

Call me if you need help. 360-721-1316
DKOV -

A

Anonymous

Thanks to the few All Tracs that showed up at the Rally Cross. I hope you enjoyed the rides and enjoyed the Rally.

As it turns out, my "little coolant leak" that I was dealing with after the first round of runs, turned out to be a much bigger leak than I thought in terms of WHERE it was...

A small, U shaped hose at the back of the motor, under the intake manifold, behind the distributor. Virtually IMPOSSIBLE to get to with road side emergency tools.

SO...

The Silly Car is parked at my buddies place in Hood River, waiting for me to go back and get it. Heading up there today with a flat bed and I'll bring her home to get to work.... probably pulling the motor to get to it.

Might as well though, wanted to upgrade the clutch and swap all the fuel lines over to steel braid anyway.

In any case, the All Trac kicked major butt Yesterday and we took 3rd on a relatively large Open Class (full rally prep/unlimited modified) field. The overall difference between 3rd and 1st was LESS than 3 seconds!!!

That's pretty competitive for an "old" car.

In the second set, we took it all. Fastest times of the session, despite the fact we had to fill the radiator after every run!!!

It was a GREAT time and as always, I thoroughly enjoyed the racing and the fellowship. I just can't get enough.

It's lucky that the next event isn't until October as it'll probably take me that long to get the car fixed. However, I do wish there was a Rally NEXT weekend!

Oh well... Until then...

Scott "DKOV" Kovalik