What did I blow? Hooked up jumper cables backwards

maxaud

I hate making a post like this. My GT-four has been sitting for a little while and needed a jump to get started.

The person who hooked up the jumper cables hooked them up backwards and some smoke started coming off of the positive battery lead. I took it off the battery posts but the car rather promptly but it doesn't have any power now.

Figured I'd come in from the cold and see if anyone here knows what to look for when something like this has happened?

Thanks!

Nobody

Probably just a fuse. Check the fuse box under the hood. I had a bad alternator in my car that kept internally grounding and popping a fuse. Replaced the alt and fuse, no more problem.

mx6er2587

Typically it's the 100 amp fuse in the main fuse box that blows in this situation. Careful this is a Bolt in fuse. I've seen these things mangled by trying to just pull them straight out

audiodjmp77

Sounds like what happened to me, but I ended up stripping the dash to check out my other wiring, which looks OK, so time to put it back together

Sent from my phone. Sorry for any mistakes

Rick89GTS

mx6er2587":7phzl11h said:
Typically it's the 100 amp fuse in the main fuse box that blows in this situation. Careful this is a Bolt in fuse. I've seen these things mangled by trying to just pull them straight out
Excellent point.