Big brake kits

underscore

I've never heard of them before, maybe it's a new kit. At first glance they seem very expensive and I'd be concerned about getting replacement pads and rotors in the future.

Ya i had the same thought about the price. The thing is that i tried to look aroud and see what people think about the brand and most of the reviews are on their coilovers aposed to the brakes but from what I have found so far people really seem to like what they get. Im just wondering if anyone here has had and experiance with them or know anything about them.

freddie

What do you do for rotors/discs? Are they included? If so what are their details? If not, what do the calipers hook up to?

freddie":zc3i21uk said:
What do you do for rotors/discs? Are they included? If so what are their details? If not, what do the calipers hook up to?
Yes rotors are included the sizes are listed when you select your type of celica. The calipers mount up to a custom mount included in the kit.

tHeGeeK

I have front and rear BBK from Revolution Brake. Still working on install, but Wilwood calipers and good looking drilled, slotted rotors.

Corey

These look similar to my Ksport kit... wonder if its the same manufacturer with a different brand.

Corey":26b5lf9u said:
These look similar to my Ksport kit... wonder if its the same manufacturer with a different brand.
OK are Ksports any good because I see plenty of people using them and yet when I look up reviews on them I generally dont see good reviews.

aus jd 2703

I have people I know who have no issue with k sport they are pretty good Taiwanese brakes. They're no ap or brembo but they're better than stock.
I'm running the revolution front wilwood kit and plan to go st205 rear when I get semis. Stock rears with pads and rotors are enough so far for street trees in a heavy braking track day. I like the wilwood s a lot. Pad shape is well supported and if I need to I can swap to a 6 pot as they have same mounting on a few calipers.

Pad options is something I wonder with k sport. Never looked but I would check what pads are available.
FYI stock pads revolution supply are dreadful. I use them for street and ferrodo ds3000 for track but they squel so can't stand them for long on the road.

Also make sure your wheel bearings are good as the bearings fail often due to age and this really affects the braking performance as the disc can move relative to the caliper

Corey

I bought my Ksport 6pot 304mm kit from Ksport UK about 5 years ago so I can't say if the quality has changed since then.

My kit didn't fit well. I needed to file down a few mm off each lobe of their mounting bracket to move the caliper outward laterally so the disk was centered between the pads. I also had to trim a tiny bit of the dust shield.

I was able to install it before filing down the bracket, but the pressure on the pads was so high that the wheel barely moved.

That said, I've been running them for some 60,000 km without any issues. They still look good too. I'm actually looking into purchasing their rear kit with retains the OEM parking brake.

As for pads, I purchased my kit with EBC yellow stuffs. But they also offered AP, Pagid and Ferodo pads at the time. The pad type on their 6 pot kit is the same used in the Aston DB7 and the TVR Cerbera.

aus jd 2703":1dwftiem said:
They're no ap or brembo but they're better than stock.
From what i understand you can only mount brembos on the front if you have the adapter. Is that the same case for AP?