Antilag BPV question

rrain3288

Don't quote me but everything I've heard says that the anti lag piping on that manifold isn't operational and it's actually quite a bit of work to make it functional so switching to an MR2 blow off valve shouldn't be complicated at all

lalojamesliz1

I remember seeing the piping works, it's just the programming is not available. Now that I think about it, i should be able to just cap the rubber lines by the antilag valve since the exhaust manifold doesnt pressurized..... right? Lol

rrain3288

The pipes dead end into the manifold so the manifold isn't tapped through all the way. So caping the pipes should just prevent dust and oil getting into the piping.

lalojamesliz1

Well I didn't get a chance to check on that today. I had to do a brake job on my SUV and cleaned up the garage. Damn this heat. 104 today and 108+ the next few days.
I can only imagine what my neighbors across my street think when they see me using my wet/dry vac to vacuum my Garage floor lol

lalojamesliz1

Got the intercooler and antilag BPV off then started my engine (gotta love gen3 efi)
The lines that go to the antilag bpv look dirty inside but I don't know what that's from. It didn't really matter once I saw that the antilag Bpv let's the air flow right through to the connected bpv I have :D
I will just leave them both on and connect a vacumm line to my bpv to vent