gt3076 awhp expected?

MrMcQuacker

I have been looking for a bit, but, I could not find the answers I seek. I long for they knowledge that has gone into the nights abyss.

Lol, OK all jokes aside.i would like to know if anyone knows the possibly awhp on with a gt3076 on a 3rd generation 3" exhaust.

I know it's a rough question. But that turbo on our motors are so common I am sure someone has done it and seen the results

Thank You.

MrMcQuacker

My bads, let me pick the brain a little more. With a 3rd gen. What awhp figures can I be looking at getting with just upping the boost, knowing All I will have is a Full 3" exhaust, TT supra pump, Bigger HE with cobra pump. I want to know if 14-17psi would be too much for stock ecu to compensate the afr's. Can I hit 300+ awhp on 91 pump with a gt3076 with x-amount of boost.

For example, I talked to chris from Koracing not too long ago, I mentioned possibly buying a pte5530. If I were to buy it with my current set up what psi/awhp figures would I be looking at. He said with 16-17psi without a tune, I would be around 300awhp.

MrMcQuacker

Lol, I had a feeling this was not going to go too well.

If I may just say. Seeing on paper 5530 makes more power then a gt3076. But does it spool faster or as fast to lets say around a gt3071r?
That will be it for me if that question can be answered well enough please.

ChrisD

5530 I'm not too familiar with, but looking at the specs I don't see how it could make more power than the 3076?

Basic wheel sizes:

3076:
Turbine: 60mm w/ 84 trim
Compressor: 76.2mm w/ 56 trim

5530:
Turbine: 56.5mm, 84 trim
Compressor: 55mm

I think it should spool faster but not make as much top end. 3076 will easily max out the stock injectors, I'd bet closer to the 14psi range. If that was your goal, then I would say get the smaller turbo that would spool quicker. If you had a long term goal of 350-400whp, the 3076 would be better suited. You could do more on ethanol too.

This is all dyno dependent. I maxed out 540's on a dyno dynamics at 295whp for reference. Some dynojets get well into the 300's.