ACPT C/F Driveshaft Group Buy (Again)

BayAreaAT

Hi members.. Tax return season is coming up. Who’s down for another group buy??

I need at least 10. Price will be 1,050 +shipping.

Magroo

Put me down as a maybe. My carrier bearings are 25 years old and they've seen better days and this would basically eliminate that problem. Plus things are probably kind of crusty under there. Just don't tell my wife.

FC Zach

Aren't these too short, or shorter than stock? I recall seeing that somewhere on here as well as a YouTube video. It appeared the yoke only slid into the trans (about) halfway. . I'm not interested in buying one (at least not at the moment) but if I was this would be a concern, considering that would seem like a failure point since there's not as much splined surface area being used as compared to stock.

Here's the video I found:
https://youtu.be/mHpHPRSSD34
[YOUTUBE]mHpHPRSSD34[/YOUTUBE]

silverarrow27

240sx's with the sr20det swaps have the stock usdm driveshafts running like that on their swaps. Never an issue. Ideally though, for $1000+, it better be the near the same length as the stock driveshaft though.

underscore

From memory they're a hair short for a 205 running a 205 drivetrain, but it's a very small amount and they work fine (I think one member just made a thin spacer plate for the diff end). In a 185 chassis there's a few monster Alltracs running around with them and I haven't heard of any problems.

Anoo21

If I wasn't buying another alltrac i would love to get in on this. Let me know how long or far it goes. Maybe in a few months or so I can get in on it.

Ninetail

Price gone up a good chunk since last group buy? Not good since shipping will be enormous on top in my case.

Would be nice to have the length "issue" sorted and done with for good so it doesnt just repeat itself (I know it works, but still). Seems to be a topic/concern each time.

Very interested and definitely down.

BayAreaAT

Good question.. my car is going to sit for another 3 months. Mind as well have someone get use out of it now.

mkernz22

If the length issue will be resolved this time around, then I definitely will be interested in going through this time.