Recommendations for passing wiring through the firewall

Numbchux

Installing an Arduino-based LCD in place of the clock that will display some engine information, including WBO2. Not seeing a great place to pass wires through the firewall. Any recommendations?

Numbchux

Could go either side. There's more room/access on the passenger side, but if there's a decent spot on the driver's side, that'd be fine.

The factory bellow where the wiring goes through is super easy to access in the engine bay, but I can't see it without taking the HVAC stuff out on the interior side.

underscore

I don't think many spots are visible from the inside, I usually pick a spot near the top and use a stiff piece of wire to feed it down to where I can reach it.

Numbchux

GT4times2":2hetxmo9 said:
How big is the harness? I'd run it through the driver side (through the fender), by the air box area.

All said and done, probably 8-10 wires. Most are signal wires, so 18-20 gauge would be fine. But the WBO2 is going to need 2-3 heavier gauge ones.

It didn't occur to me to go through the fender....I'll have to look into that. I think I'll finally have some time to work on it this weekend. "Luckily" we keep getting snow, so I have plenty of time before I can drive it :x

ST165, where the steering column passes through the firewall. there is a rubber boot/flap. You can cut a slit. Plenty of room, easy to get to. I probably have 10 things going through there.