New all trac all original 1990 help with mods

Mike813

Hello guys love the website, just bought an all original 90 all trac love the car but jot familiar at all with these cars theres tons of good help on here but would like to get some input on what turbo to put in it and if too keep original manifold would like a tubular one also what wastegate and bov to get and would like to do the high reving mod other then the lifters what else is involve also whats best option for street use lowering springs or coilovers please give me some advice before i start tearing into would like to be informed, its got 126k miles also want to do a front mount intercooler best one to get and money is not issue love this car going all out on it.

MrMcQuacker

Welcome to the Alltrac lovers forums :)

A lot of these questions can be asked directly from the source you will most likely be purchasing them from. Check with either ATS or Koracing are the 2 on top of my head, sure there are others as well. Good luck

Mike813

Thanx i am inlove with this car it already drives perfect and is 100 percent original only oil changed brake pads and gear oil ever been change on it, i love this website it is awesome so i just go to koracing.com? Ima start with turbo i see so much stuff about it kinda confused on what to do my goals is like 400 450hp

quieter

for coilovers i suggest BC racing, a lot of people here have them and there is no complaints, the travel is nice. for your intercooler, i suggest you measure your throttle body and turbo to have an idea of the diameter pipe you need and go from there. not every st185 owners but some clock down their turbo (pointing downwards) so there is less distance for the air to travel (less pipe) meaning quicker turbo spool. always good to get ko racing stabilizer links and whiteline sway bars for better handling and if you're ever into brakes, st205 calipers is good to have but its a headache to modify, brackets, spacers, bigger wheels, etc. also good to check your bushings and maybe go polyurethane all around, diff plate/bushings, get better shifter cable bushings. There is tons of info on the forum, a lot of builds as well if you want to have inspiration. congrats and good luck with your build! make sure to make a page and show us your progress and pics of your car

Mike813

Thanx i appreciate the info there will defenetly look into bc coilovers then and makes a ton of sense about the turbo piping wouod like to just order the whole turbo kit is just so many different set ups and u have to match everything ince u get a set up is so confusing i hear the stock manifolds are reliable just ugly want to go with nice ram looking manifold but then i hVe to customized a bunch of stuff is there someone that i can buy the manifold with the turbo Nd downpipe and whole exhaust sustem set up that i know will fit with no issies dont like buying parts one at a time theresalways an issue. Andalso want front mount intercooler.

Magroo

If you get bc coilovers, get the Swift spring upgrade. I know it's a couple hundred dollars more but it's worth it. The ride is a lot more forgiving on daily driving.

As for intake manifolds look at getting a side feed intake manifold from a late 80s Toyota Celica GTS. There's a thread somewhere on the message board of how to do it.

Mike813

Ok cool gotcha appreciate that info u guys are great. I want to start with the turbo i dont even think this turbo is working right is low on power. For turbo what yall recommend and should i keep my stock manifold or get tubular just want somewhere i can order everything for the turbo system. I want to keep daily driver so prob just no more the 400hp for me any recommendations