4th gen swap boost controller question...

Running a mostly stock spec gen 4 in my ST165. It has rods and pistons upgraded, but stock compression stock turbo. My intercooler and exhaust are upgraded and funtion well according to air intake temps from JOBD data. Ive been trying to up the boost but can seem to get it to go over 14...maybe spikes to 15 sometimes. I put my simple manual boost controller in series with the line off the compressor housing, to the inlet of the boost controller(pressure under the ball valve) then out to the line on the wastegate. The other line off the wastegate is capped off.

What is the normal way gen 4 guys are controlling boost? Im I missing something? Car runs awesome though. Very quick.

dbucks2k

I just disconnected the stock boost controller. And am running around 20 psi. Not the safest thing considering I still have stock rods. But it works good.

dbucks2k

Just read again how you routed it. Your aftermarket boost controller should go between the compressor port and the wastegate. The line coming off the wastegate to the stock boost controller should be blocked off.

dbucks2k

This picture shows it better. The cirlce is where you should put your aftermarket boost controller. And disconnect the lines off the stock boost controller and block them where the X's are

Attachments

• sketch-1537147509574.png
    sketch-1537147509574.png
    587.1 KB · Views: 1,777

UtahSleeper

Late to this party lol.

I run the st215 engine with a MBC and kept it at about 12-13 PSI. Everything I had read is that the stock turbo doesn't really offer anything over that and will just cause earlier death, so I stayed safe.