RPF1´s + AP-Racing on ST185

ST185 Freak

Hi!

I´m going to buy a set of RPF1´s for my ST185 in 17x9 +35 on all 4 corners.
Does anybody know if these wheels will fit the huge AP-Racing 6pot caliper on front?

On rear side there are ST205 brakes and 25 or 20mm spacers.
Am I right, that there will be no problems with the fenders (rear are rolled) or the TEIN SuperStreet?

Anybody here who knows the diameter for the hub-cap of the RPF1´s in this dimension? Is it always the same? I think no...

Thank you guys!!!

CSAlltrac

ST185 Freak":37kiy5vh said:
Hi!

I´m going to buy a set of RPF1´s for my ST185 in 17x9 +35 on all 4 corners.
Does anybody know if these wheels will fit the huge AP-Racing 6pot caliper on front?

On rear side there are ST205 brakes and 25 or 20mm spacers.
Am I right, that there will be no problems with the fenders (rear are rolled) or the TEIN SuperStreet?

Anybody here who knows the diameter for the hub-cap of the RPF1´s in this dimension? Is it always the same? I think no...

Thank you guys!!!
I can tell you first hand that they do not fit a lot of BBK. RPF1 has a very small inner barrel. I have a K-Sport 8POT BBK with a 13'' rotor, my old RPF1 in the exact size youre looking at was very far from clearing.

ST185 Freak

Ok, that sounds bad.

Do you still have these wheels?
Are they maybe flying around in your garage?
I´m asking, because AP offers a papersheet which must be cut in form and than you can check the wheel clearance. Do you know what I mean?

greets

CSAlltrac

ST185 Freak":2yjp95k2 said:
Ok, that sounds bad.

Do you still have these wheels?
Are they maybe flying around in your garage?
I´m asking, because AP offers a papersheet which must be cut in form and than you can check the wheel clearance. Do you know what I mean?

greets
Yes, I used my BBK template before ordering my Comps. If you contact the wheel company they should be able to help you out. I no longer have my wheels. I know Toayoztan has a full set of the wheels still. Hes out of town for the holidays but would probably be willing to help when hes home.

ST185 Freak

Ok, but the rims and tyres won´t make any problems, correct?

As I said, I have Tein SS, not too low, 235/40R17 tyres (semi slics, they are a little wider than street-tyres) with 25mm spacers in rear and rear fenders minimal rolled...

Thanks!

Punknoodle

I went through this not long ago. The RPF1 in 17x9 has LESS brake clearance than the 17x8 version. I know it sounds weird, but it's because when you go from 8 to 9 inch, the change the face design to give it that hella sexy concave look.

17x8 MAY fit as it has more clearance, but you'd have to check with Enkei. I just emailed their technical support with the template and they told me yes or no.

A 235 fits beautifully on a 17x8 fwiw, and has less unsprung weight (I race mine which is why that's of interest to me).

In the end I went with the PF01 over the RPF1, simply because it has bigger brake clearance. They are still light weight but a little heavier than the RPF1. I run a 235/40 semi slick on them.

This is them with my 330mm rotors (same diameter as AP Racing).

By the way, you'll need to roll your rear guards but it's pretty cheap to get done professionally, well at least in Brisbane it cost me like 100 bucks all up to get a mobile guy out to do it.

EDIT: Also, centre bore size on most Enkei wheels is 75. I use a 75-54.1mm hubcentric ring. As for hubcap diameter, I don't use the hubcaps that came with my wheels so I just threw the verneirs on one of them. Diameter is 60mm. I imagine that would be a standard size for Enkei.

ST185 Freak

Ok, thank you for that information.

But is it really the disc diameter which makes problems or the caliper?
I´ve heard that the AP is really big, an gets in trouble with the spokes of the rim if offset is to high (<35mm). But in diameter there are also problems?

As I said, if anybody would have such a wheel lying around he could measure it with this measurement-sheet from the AP homepage.
That would be the greatest solution

Punknoodle

ST185 Freak":ke17a8zs said:
Ok, thank you for that information.

But is it really the disc diameter which makes problems or the caliper?
I´ve heard that the AP is really big, an gets in trouble with the spokes of the rim if offset is to high (<35mm). But in diameter there are also problems?

As I said, if anybody would have such a wheel lying around he could measure it with this measurement-sheet from the AP homepage.
That would be the greatest solution

The caliper is quite tall, yes. I have the AP template so I'll print it and try it out tomorrow, I have to take the wheels off anyway as I'm racing this weekend so have to do a spanner check.

I can tell you without a doubt though that 17x9 RPF1s wont fit.

ST185 Freak

Its so terrible, I´m searching for wheels since years now and every time there are issues...

Any ideas? I want 17s with 8,5-9J an if possible no spacers in the rear...
Deep lips are more sexy than concaves.

CMS-GT4

Even my 12" BBK does not fit the enkei due to face design. I bought one expecting a "race" wheel to have good clearance, but it did not work out for me. I had considered looking at the faces on the 45et version and using a spacer, but I am likely just going another wheel all together.

EDIT: If you want brake clearance, lips and concave for the 185 are likely something that has to be avoided. My current wheels are perfect for my brakes, but they are not light. I have a second set of wheels that clear with a 5mm spacer, but due to how they concave they would clear better if I had a larger diameter of brake. If you want staggered offsets you will likely have to look to more expensive wheels or look into multi piece wheels.
I would check out apex wheels. They make a mesh wheels for BMW guys but also make a set for the frs guys, so they might be an option for light weight and clearance. You might also look into konig wheels. Their current flow formed line up is a result of them partnering with enkei. They are fair in weight, and have good brake clearance. Plus their price is nice since they are still establishing the rebranding in the marketplace.

msanders2

RPF1s 17x9 +35 will fit all the way around. I have this set up on my car with a 25mm spacer in the rear. I’m also using 255/40/17 Bridgestone. I have a revolution wilwood BBK. I haven’t tried to install it yet to see if it clears. One of the reasons I haven’t is because of everyone saying k sport, AP, etc don’t fit.

CMS-GT4

I'm in finals weeks, so I don't have time myself. You can actually contact enkei and they might be able to help you. I know konig will do it for you if you fill out the form, and tirerack has offered to do it for me as well.

underscore

I didn't realize how small the barrels of the RPF1s really were until I put on different wheels for the first time since putting on the Porsche BBK. With the Enkei's I had maybe a couple mm clearance to the top of the caliper and it knocked off all the sticky weights when the wheel turned, with the brand-I've-never-heard-of-before wheels there's a lot more room and the weights might be able to stay attached.

Not the best pictures but:

574684_10151623218315193_1985723265_n.jpg

vs

47465007_10161380932430193_9221966822339772416_o.jpg

ST185 Freak

Thanks everybody!
I talked with enkei´s support and now it is official that the RPF1 in 17x9 +35 won't fit the AP-6-Piston-Brake...

I've ordered a set of Weds TC105N instead, hoping that they will fit. They are the lightest wheels in 17x9 on free market, thats a nice bonus...
And I made a great deal, they were not expensive...
As I've got them I will tell you guys if they fit the AP-BBK...

So, lets wait and do some love to the Celica :notworthy:

EvilStig

ST185 Freak":2a8jwdid said:
Thanks everybody!
I talked with enkei´s support and now it is official that the RPF1 in 17x9 +35 won't fit the AP-6-Piston-Brake...

I've ordered a set of Weds TC105N instead, hoping that they will fit. They are the lightest wheels in 17x9 on free market, thats a nice bonus...
And I made a great deal, they were not expensive...
As I've got them I will tell you guys if they fit the AP-BBK...

So, lets wait and do some love to the Celica :notworthy:

Just looked up those wheels and wowee are they expensive now... and no longer in production :( shame, I'm really looking for a good lightweight 17x9 and absolutely nobody seems to sell them anymore.