What happens when your tires suck in the snow

IbisRider88

I know what happens.....

So shitty weather here in South Dakota, slushy roads, and some cheap Hifly HF805 tires that basically feel like plastic (kinda like the ones on your big wheel when you were a kid) any time the weather drops below 0.... makes for a crappy time... Long story short i tried to merge onto the interstate while on a slight decline, I wanted to go rt, my car wanted to go Rt, but momentum said nope F*** You! we're going straight...... face of my front rim met a curb/snow bank.... all this happened at maybe 10-15mph.....

just wanted to share my my stupidity is all...

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    691.5 KB · Views: 1,688

underscore

I did something similar in the wet with my GTS. You may want to replace the wheel bearing while you're fixing things, it may have been a fluke but I chewed through a few after the incident.

Well the good thing is the ST185 lower control arm is shared with the AT180 and the ST184. I just don't know if they are available through Toyota anymore though. Hope they are, or that an aftermarket source has them available for you. When my son bent one of these on his AT180 (he has two ST185's now, so this was back awhile), Toyota still had them, but I thought they were scarce then.

IbisRider88

93celicaconv":fsx01ylo said:
Well the good thing is the ST185 lower control arm is shared with the AT180 and the ST184. I just don't know if they are available through Toyota anymore though. Hope they are, or that an aftermarket source has them available for you. When my son bent one of these on his AT180 (he has two ST185's now, so this was back awhile), Toyota still had them, but I thought they were scarce then.

I went with a used lower from the EBay...... the cars got quite a bit of rust on her, so it’s mission now is to drive it till it rusts out....... sad to say, but South Dakota is no place for this car, and at the moment it’s all I’ll have for a daily. I’ll gave fun while she’s moving tho

gt4ferko

IbisRider88":5dwwdnra said:
93celicaconv":5dwwdnra said:

I went with a used lower from the EBay...... the cars got quite a bit of rust on her, so it’s mission now is to drive it till it rusts out....... sad to say, but South Dakota is no place for this car, and at the moment it’s all I’ll have for a daily. I’ll gave fun while she’s moving tho

Save it! In currently saving one right now. So worth it!

Attachments

• IMG_7374.jpg
    IMG_7374.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 1,662
  • IMG_7376.jpg
    IMG_7376.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 1,662