Turbo rebuild kit

Rick89GTS":37ul8yx4 said:
Where did you buy the cartridge from, as shop or online?
i bought it online
but before it arrived i scored a newer turbo in much better condition off MR2
already installed.
new cartridge i installed into my housing and either keep it as spare or will sell it.

entrax

Spectrum Motorsports out in langley has built turbos for me and they have a pretty good price as well. I currently have a hybrid ct26 from them using an EFR chra. They also rebuilt my CT26 before with a billet wheel compressor, but it died on me when the original turbine decided to die

Rick89GTS

Spectrum Motorsports, glad you had a good experience with them, I'll check it out. My turbo is gassed. Thanks for the tip.

underscore

What do they charge if you don't mind me asking? I wouldn't mind getting my spare turbo rebuilt while parts are still available if the price is reasonable.

Rick89GTS

I asked for a price quote to rebuild the CT26 turbo. His reply below...

Chris S <info@spectrummotorsportssolutions.com>
Mon 2019-02-04 4:53 PM
Hi Rick,

We dont actually offer rebuild for this turbo unfortunately.

Our only product for the CT series of turbochargers involves us discarding the stock CHRA altogether and replacing it with a more modern GT series ball bearing / billet wheel cartridge and machining the housings to suite. this requires replacement of the oil and water lines as well, and starts at about 1000$ depending on options.

Thanks,

Chris

entrax

damn, i guess they stopped doing that. Chris did mention that he was thinking about phasing it out due to old turbine wheels being questionable at their age