brake upgrade brackets** who's intrested?

lalojamesliz1

I really want to upgrade the brakes on my st185 and don't want to spend almost 1k for some kits I've seen in the past.
I'd love to install some Porsche calipers and good discs but I still wouldn't know where to buy custom brackets or centering rings if needed for the rotors.
Any advice guys?

I got a hold of Bill Dana. He's talking with a machinist to make them again. Anyone else interested?

underscore

Bill Dana (contact him on facebook) makes the brackets that use base Boxster calipers and GTS rotors. I think the brackets are a couple hundred, the calipers are fairly cheap and the rotors are very cheap.

lalojamesliz1

underscore":j9oqpxbh said:
Bill Dana (contact him on facebook) makes the brackets that use base Boxster calipers and GTS rotors. I think the brackets are a couple hundred, the calipers are fairly cheap and the rotors are very cheap.

Do you know if its this guy?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190524-133347_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20190524-133347_Messenger.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 3,229

underscore

Yep that's the guy, he can shoot you all the details on what calipers and rotors you need so you can price things out.

lalojamesliz1

Still hasn't replied :| he posted something not long ago.... he's probably just not interested in making them or he's just busy with something. I'll update if he replies.

underscore

He's done a few revisions and runs of them now so I imagine he is, if you're in the alltrac.net diaspora group or High Performance Celica group you might have an easier time getting ahold of him.

lalojamesliz1

underscore":1ss3mu9e said:
if you're in the alltrac.net diaspora group or High Performance Celica group you might have an easier time getting ahold of him.

What are thou things you speaketh of? :)
I appreciate your help man

Nevermind, I found the Facebook alltrac page

lalojamesliz1

underscore":2wynbhxh said:
He's done a few revisions and runs of them now so I imagine he is, if you're in the alltrac.net diaspora group or High Performance Celica group you might have an easier time getting ahold of him.

Wow, I posted on that Facebook page and he replied within a hour..... unfortunately he said he sold them all
I asked him about another set or if he knows who can. I'm so sick of worrying about brake fade happening again

lalojamesliz1

turbo4wd":ojn2089k said:
If he happens to get back to you, you can add me to the list of interested buyers..

I've been talking with him. He said he will contact his machinist to see if they can make me one. I'll tell him your intrested aslo.

turbo4wd

lalojamesliz1":2j6rm2qn said:
turbo4wd":2j6rm2qn said:
If he happens to get back to you, you can add me to the list of interested buyers..

I've been talking with him. He said he will contact his machinist to see if they can make me one. I'll tell him your intrested aslo.

Awesome, thanks!

lalojamesliz1

turbo4wd":2tt6lwvy said:

He just got back to me. $265 for the pair. Intrested still? I'm getting them. I know I already have said this but I truly hate the brakes on my all-trac. I need to remove the abs too and install st205 rear brakes and...... yeah it never ends :cry:

turbo4wd

lalojamesliz1":2qxhntea said:
turbo4wd":2qxhntea said:

He just got back to me. $265 for the pair. Intrested still? I'm getting them. I know I already have said this but I truly hate the brakes on my all-trac. I need to remove the abs too and install st205 rear brakes and...... yeah it never ends :cry:

Yes I'm still interested - sorry I've been travelling for work and this completely dropped off my radar..

BTW, which gen Boxster calipers are these supposed to be mated to that work on our cars?

lalojamesliz1

turbo4wd":3kli2cli said:
lalojamesliz1":3kli2cli said:
turbo4wd":3kli2cli said:

Yes I'm still interested - sorry I've been travelling for work and this completely dropped off my radar..

BTW, which gen Boxster calipers are these supposed to be mated to that work on our cars?
No worries. Here's the information
http://5thgencelica.com/index.php?topic=264.0

lalojamesliz1

turbo4wd":3boqkxx7 said:
lalojamesliz1":3boqkxx7 said:
turbo4wd":3boqkxx7 said:

Please get back to me asap.
We need to continue with this asap I sent you a PM with my number