Aloha from socal

SoCal3sgte

I used to go on this forum a lot until just recently when I put my project on hold due to issues with a vendor that was helping me out with my 3rd gen 3sgte 88 alltrac swap. They did my wiring harness but I feel too many things were possibly wired incorrectly. I am back and noticed that non of my recent logins worked, so had to create another account. Glad to be back, and hoping to find some good help again, maybe even possibly someone kinda local that would be willing to get paid and help or some beers, either way its nice to meet local car enthusiast.

Mike,

SoCal3sgte

What up bro bro, lol you may remember me. I bought the st205 tranny from you years ago. I believe you were like <2hrs away from me. I'm near six flags ish.

lalojamesliz1

SoCal3sgte":2j9shj5r said:
What up bro bro, lol you may remember me. I bought the st205 tranny from you years ago. I believe you were like <2hrs away from me. I'm near six flags ish.

Ha ha ha what's going on man!
Are you still using it? I always regretted selling it lol. That sucks what's up with your wiring. I'm not too experienced myself in that area

SoCal3sgte

No worries, No not using it anymore. Got into a 5 car accident like 6 years ago and ended up parting out the whole engine and junked the alltrac. Picked another one up maybe 2 years later with a 3rg gen swap in a makings again. But Just cant seem the get the dam thing to run right. Swear, Honestly man, All I need is someone that really understands wiring to look at it and see if all signals and voltages and resistance and etc checks out. Because if everything else wiring wise checks out then I will know its a mechanical issue. But I do have compression, and spark but its inconsistent. IIRC my timing should be pretty on point 2. So I am at a loss :(

lalojamesliz1

SoCal3sgte":1py6rr6i said:
No worries, No not using it anymore. Got into a 5 car accident like 6 years ago and ended up parting out the whole engine and junked the alltrac. Picked another one up maybe 2 years later with a 3rg gen swap in a makings again. But Just cant seem the get the dam thing to run right. Swear, Honestly man, All I need is someone that really understands wiring to look at it and see if all signals and voltages and resistance and etc checks out. Because if everything else wiring wise checks out then I will know its a mechanical issue. But I do have compression, and spark but its inconsistent. IIRC my timing should be pretty on point 2. So I am at a loss :(

Man that sucks about the accident. have you gone through the ignition like checking the resistance of the coil, wires, checked the distributor and plug. I know you said your looking for someone to help but these things are easy to do if you have the time. Also try opening the ECU and verify none of the capacitors are leaking. That won't help at all and give problems like not running right.
Did they repin your harness at the ecu end or use a patch harness?

SoCal3sgte

It's sad, I speak like better than I actually understand. I know what you mean in terms of how to check it, but I really don't understand how to do it. :(

lalojamesliz1

SoCal3sgte":3dzzqsz9 said:
It's sad, I speak like better than I actually understand. I know what you mean in terms of how to check it, but I really don't understand how to do it. :(

Here you go :D

Attachments

• rps20190613_164642.jpg
    rps20190613_164642.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 2,056
  • rps20190613_164658.jpg
    rps20190613_164658.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 2,056
  • rps20190613_164711.jpg
    rps20190613_164711.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 2,056

lalojamesliz1

The way I see it, having these cars requires you to know how to fix them unless you have $$$ burning a hole in your wallet. I learned that over the years.
I knew nothing about my all-trac when I first got it but thanks to the kind people on this and other forums I know a little bit more. I've pulled the engine a couple times, replaced my clutch,timing bet job, replaced my fuel pump, replaced the rear subframe bushings, have ran gen3 electronics on my gen2 (now I have a gen3 swap) and many other maintenance things or trouble shooting and now I TRY to help others. If you have the few tools required for these cars, time and space to work on it.......

Attachments

• rps20190613_164726.jpg
    rps20190613_164726.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 2,056
  • rps20190613_164742.jpg
    rps20190613_164742.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 2,056

SoCal3sgte

I appreciate it, I will give some of those a try. Some of them I know are okay. I have done majority of those things as well, fuel pump, clutch, suspension, bushings, I have cut and extended wiring harnesses and used the bgb and retrace wires and such. But using a multi meter and stuff is new to me. I am scared to do it wrong because of potentially burning out the system and what not. Don't wanna fry a possible good running ecu, you know.

lalojamesliz1

SoCal3sgte":2pa6iad4 said:
I appreciate it, I will give some of those a try. Some of them I know are okay. I have done majority of those things as well, fuel pump, clutch, suspension, bushings, I have cut and extended wiring harnesses and used the bgb and retrace wires and such. But using a multi meter and stuff is new to me. I am scared to do it wrong because of potentially burning out the system and what not. Don't wanna fry a possible good running ecu, you know.

I know what you mean about the ECU. They aren't easy to find like before. Sound like your very familiar with your car. I would first open up the ecu and look for leaks from capacitors. The other stuff is easy, just set the multi meter to ohms, then unplug things your going to check one at a time then check the resistances.
Did they repin your harness?