Howdy from Alberta!

AlbertaBeef

Hey all,

Glad to join the board. We've got a whole family of Toyota owners here... Currently have an Avalon, two Corollas, a Turbo-swapped Tercel, a 1992 Celica GT ... and our newest edition, my sons 1990 Celica 4WD Turbo - a Canadian-spec LHD - not JDM/RHD like others I've seen in my province.

It's in amazing shape - just needs a little aligning of some panels and one small spot of rust repair and some proper paint. (Now that we've done tons of engine work to it, anyway...)

We're hoping someone on here has a suggestion as to where we might find an oil pan for it ... We're not 100% sure yet, but suspect it might be leaking, even after multiple attempts at getting this one to seal. We're getting it up on a hoist Thursday to have a better look, and watch for leaks ... but if it is the pan, it doesn't seem like a part that's easy to source unless you want to pay for a high-performance aluminum one ...

Any suggestions on where to source parts would be greatly appreciated! We're glad to be here! Thanks!

underscore

Welcome! If it's leaking from where the pan meets the block make sure FIPG was used and not a gasket, apparently gaskets never seal these well for some reason.

If it is the pan I've got two 5SFE pans over here in BC. Moroso sells the same pan for both engines so I assume fitment is the same aside from needing to add a turbo drain fitting.

AlbertaBeef

Yup, the FIPG was used ... liberally. I think we're going to try again - cleaning like crazy and then using actual Toyota product this time and see if it makes any difference.

I thought about the 5SFE idea - but I thought there were also baffles and things that were 'deemed necessary' by folks ...

:shrug:

underscore

I'm not too sure, I haven't seen the bare pans side by side myself. In a pinch one any internal differences could probably be transferred over if there are any then for the same hassle a Moroso pan is probably better.

AlbertaBeef

Yeah, the Moroso pan looks amazing. And ... somewhat ... expensive.

I don't think my son wants to spend $400+ US dollars on the oil pan after what else he's done lately ... :lol: