Which fuel pump is required for 350ish AWHP?

awdmofo

So i'm finishing up restoring my 185 with a USDM 2nd gen and i know the body has like 213k miles on it so i dunno how many the pump has on it. Going to replace the pump but my current build is only going to be 280-300 flywheel HP, bolt ons, a ct-20b at 14-16psi and ATS adjustable cam gears, stock head stock block. Fuel system is stock and i'm having the stock 440's cleaned and flow tested at a pro shop next week. Wondering what pump I can put in that will work with a basically stock setup now but when i put in a 3rd gen engine around 340-360AWHP it can handle that much fuel. Is there such a thing? Supra TT? Warbro? Might be looking at running E85 as well in the future so maybe a pump that can handle that as well? If its not hard to swap the pumps i'd be fine going with an E85 capable later FYI. Thanks guys! :notworthy:

awdmofo

JRWperformance":but6r550 said:
Get the Original DENSO fuel pump for the 2JZ Supra. It bolts right in.

Bolts in no wiring harness change or mounting kit? Does it work with E85? Can it handle 350 wheel HP?

Magroo

I will also second of the Denso Supra TT pump. I'm running it in my car. I'm easily in the low 300s. I'm not Dyno tested yet but at 20 lbs of boost this thing feels like a rocket.

Denso 950-0155 Fuel Pump

awdmofo

JRWperformance":2yq9a24m said:
Bolts in. It supports my modded gen 4 just fine. AFRs always ok. Im not sure about E85. I cant get it where I live.

Well i think i might have just found my new replacement thank you! :notworthy: . Im only going to be about 250AWHP (14-15psi) on my first set up. If i go E85 later I can always swap the pump for one that works fine with E85.

awdmofo

Magroo":3rbrysnh said:
I will also second of the Denso Supra TT pump. I'm running it in my car. I'm easily in the low 300s. I'm not Dyno tested yet but at 20 lbs of boost this thing feels like a rocket.

Denso 950-0155 Fuel Pump

Thank you for the part number. I just started gutting the car and i started in the trunk area, it seems super easy to get to the pump :D !. Yea i don't think i'll go much farther than 14-15psi on a stock CT-20b with a stock block/head with a stock fuel system. I wonder what I could get out of the engine if I upgrade the fuel rail/FPR from ATS racing with some tuning. What is your setup like?

Magroo

Its a mishmash of parts.

Ko street brawler 46 trim .63 ar
Tial Westgate
850cc denso injectors
Stock FPR
3sge top feed fuel rail
3sge side feed intake
Supra TT fuel pump
264 BC cams
Wiseco piston
Stock rods
Megasquirt pnp
Mac electronic boost controller
ARP studs
Cometic head gasket

awdmofo

running all that stuff and a stock FPR? is it tuned? i would think that sotck FPR is a big bottle neck for the whole fuel system no? all that on 20psi would sound fun.

Magroo

The fuel pressure regulator is after the injectors on the return side of the rail. Its job is to just maintain about 40 PSI of pressure plus whatever boost level you are running. The highest injector duty cycle I have seen on my logs is 68% and that was at a 10.5 AFR at about 20 lb of boost. So it was Pig rich and still had plenty of fuel flow.

I didn't really see a need to upgrade it and it basically screws right in to the fuel rail. I don't plan on going much past 20 psi because I can only get 93 octane where I live.

Just want to add. As for being tuned. I'm using a timing table from someone on MR2OC with a similar setup with a few degrees pulled out, being that the alltrac is a heavier car so more load on the engine.

Megasquirt/tunerstudio has a nice autotune feature for the VE tables. Just make an afr table of what you want and when you want it and it will fix your tables for you. Might need to fine tune some of the lesser used parts of the map but its easy to blend it.

When in doubt I just run it a little bit rich.

awdmofo

Magroo":36x38pp3 said:
The fuel pressure regulator is after the injectors on the return side of the rail. Its job is to just maintain about 40 PSI of pressure plus whatever boost level you are running. The highest injector duty cycle I have seen on my logs is 68% and that was at a 10.5 AFR at about 20 lb of boost. So it was Pig rich and still had plenty of fuel flow.

I didn't really see a need to upgrade it and it basically screws right in to the fuel rail. I don't plan on going much past 20 psi because I can only get 93 octane where I live.

Just want to add. As for being tuned. I'm using a timing table from someone on MR2OC with a similar setup with a few degrees pulled out, being that the alltrac is a heavier car so more load on the engine.

Megasquirt/tunerstudio has a nice autotune feature for the VE tables. Just make an afr table of what you want and when you want it and it will fix your tables for you. Might need to fine tune some of the lesser used parts of the map but its easy to blend it.

When in doubt I just run it a little bit rich.

I might be looking at this wrong but I assumed the FPR was before the injectors regulating how much flow the fuel is at before hitting the injectors?? IIRC yea it basically uses a vacuum line hooked into the intake manifold i believe to regulate 40psi plus whatever the manifold pressure psi is at (AKA boost pressure). Its been years since i've worked on a 3S-GTE, im getting a refresher every time i stare a the parts. here is my rebuild thread if you're bored one day...

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=51613

Yea i live in the los angeles area so we in CA never get anything over 91 unless we buy race fuel at 100-105 octane. Im only running 15psi max on this first engine, i was just thinking for the future when i build a 205 engine and want to boost 20psi like your setup. of course i'll be running bigger injectors than the 440's I have now, even the 540's that come with the 205 engine might not be enough so i'll upgrade like you did.

One thing I wanna do before I get married and have kids would be to learn to weld and learn to tune a car :D . OMG MR2OC, i got kicked outta there once for questioning a rule the owner of the site had. He refused to even answer my question and banned me :nono: . Never went back, sucks because the members are awesome. The owner is just a tool, I hope i never run into him in person :pissed: .

awdmofo

Magroo":lgu8en8h said:

Denso 950-0155 Fuel Pump
Hey Magroo, I found a 950-0155 from a private seller new for $99 shipped does that sound right? Also the denso part number according to denso.com is 951-0014 not 950-0155 :shrug: . Lowest i can find for 951-0014 is $69 from some random chinese company that looks shady as hell, or walmart online (i know wtf??) for $144.

Magroo

Yeah I saw that listing on ebay. I dont want to say its a bit suspect but maybe ask for additional pictures. Price seems about right for someone that bought it and never used it.

The guys other listings are all audi and lambo parts and he has very little feedback for the last 3 to 6 months. Could very well be legit though.

Edit: just want to add rock auto has an alternate part number of 951-0014.

The part number I gave you is what I bought off amazon a few years ago,but is unavailable now.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/toy ... +pump,6256

awdmofo

Yea i was a little worried about the listing but whats the worst that happens? i get it, its not legit I tell him give me my money back or I report it to paypal/ebay and get my money back anyways? I sold something to a guy on ebay, a brand new trans pan for a muscle car. He bought it, installed it put fluid in it and it leaked because it wasn't for his car. complained to ebay and pay pal and they gave him the money back even after i told them he used the item and the told me to go pound sand :nono: . after that like 6 years ago i never sold on ebay again. yea his listings are weird, like did he buy a crashed lambo or audi and hes parting it out?

Rock auto's part number 951-0014 matches what denso's has for when I looked them up. So maybe they just changed the part number a few years ago??

bring this one up from the dead as the last post was in 2019. I was at this Denso distributor site: https://www.densoproducts.com/fuel-pumps-denso and they had bunch of unavailable models and a few models available with different part numbers from the ones listed on this thread.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone bought from this site https://www.densofuelpump.com/ I bookmarked this site years back and it is still up. Always wondered if this was legit. I think, way back, I read on some boards (maybe here too) that it was legit, but honestly don't remember.

I'm wanting to get a Supra TT (JZA80) pump as I'm finally finishing my project. Comments on the current pump model number and reliable source to buy?

Tippo

5thgenbliss":3f33bk7e said:
bring this one up from the dead as the last post was in 2019. I was at this Denso distributor site: https://www.densoproducts.com/fuel-pumps-denso and they had bunch of unavailable models and a few models available with different part numbers from the ones listed on this thread.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone bought from this site https://www.densofuelpump.com/ I bookmarked this site years back and it is still up. Always wondered if this was legit. I think, way back, I read on some boards (maybe here too) that it was legit, but honestly don't remember.

I'm wanting to get a Supra TT (JZA80) pump as I'm finally finishing my project. Comments on the current pump model number and reliable source to buy?

I tossed a Supra TT fuel pump in my car. I just purchased on rockauto, simple, fast and solid support.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.ph ... 56&jsn=877

Also, I do a very in depth size comparison between the Supra TT and stock ST185 fuel pump here:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=53834&start=15

abraxxa

I was running a Supra Pump but switched to a Walbro 450lph pump when I went EFR7064 but it flows too much for the stock ST205 return line which results in a too high base pressure at idle.
I've increased the base pressure and installed an Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator instead of the Gen 4 one as a workaround.

awdmofo

Hey 5thgen, I'm finally getting to finish my car and I can't find a denso TT pump anywhere. you're right the part numbers for 951-0014 are coming up as discontinued! Did you find one yet?

grip-addict

Walbro 255 is almost like for like. You'll just have to cut/crimp the walbro connector on, but everything else bolts up.

awdmofo

Walbro 255 is almost like for like. You'll just have to cut/crimp the walbro connector on, but everything else bolts up.
I was thinking it seems to be marketed like a TT supra pump, as in everyone use it or the TT pump. I can cut/crimp wires, shouldn't be a problem. Now which site to buy from... I might be buying a lot from ATS soon, they have other bits I want from them like a throttle body inlet, and possibly have them rebuild/trim my CT20B I got from Japan 5 years ago.