ST205 service parts interchangeability

r-town

Hello everyone, so I received my ST205 swap last Friday.

The engine is from a WRC model with the anti-lag. I plan to do the typical maintenance: t-belt components, oil and water pumps, clutch, etc.

My question is, what parts interchange with the ST185? I know the timing belt is a tooth off, but how about the rest, where do you guys buy the service parts for these engines. Thanks in advance for any input.

-Adrian

Attachments

• IMG_20191101_131206_compress45.jpg
    IMG_20191101_131206_compress45.jpg
    945.2 KB · Views: 2,076
I'm a bit surprised you haven't received a lot of input on your question from this forum yet. I can't really help you as I don't have any ST205 engine experience (just ST185). There is a fantastic parts source tool I use often - "www.toyodiy.com". If you register for it, you get the exploded views with all the part numbers showing for most any Toyota, and you can select the regions across the globe where you want to do your search. You might want to register on that site and take a look at it - it will provide answers to all your questions.

Gert

I think the question is too general. With more specific questions, you might get an answer, I guess.

Anyway, in my 185 are living 205 pistons and an 205 gearbox. Probably more parts, but I forgot. :shrug:

*edit* and injectors...

r-town

Before I mount the motor and trans, I want to service the timing belt area and clutch. I already found what I was looking for in another forum. Once I replace the parts, I'll update the fitment here.

If i were you id buy a complete OEM engine gasket kit and change all the gaskets and seals you can while the motor is out. Seals dry up and so do gaskets. I myself on my 205 transplant also took the head in to get refreshed as i knew id be using the motor to its limits and wanted no issues.

grip-addict

R-town, could you please post what you learned in your research? It could be helpful if other people have similar questions in the future.

I forgot to mention that i bought a full shim kit to adjust the valves. If anyone needs some let me know. These are odd size shims not readily available in North America

r-town

grip-addict":w8ht6f9t said:
R-town, could you please post what you learned in your research? It could be helpful if other people have similar questions in the future.

The service is done, just getting ready to put the engine in. I ended up ordering all my parts from Japan and UAE depending which seller offered the best price. I'll post the part list soon.

lalojamesliz1

r-town":1wylwwys said:
grip-addict":1wylwwys said:

The service is done, just getting ready to put the engine in. I ended up ordering all my parts from Japan and UAE depending which seller offered the best price. I'll post the part list soon.

When I freshened up my gen3 I did both hoses to the oil cooler (hose from hell and hose from hell on earth) the o-rings for the oil cooler, front main seal, rear main seal, oil pump seal, all of the the timing stuff, cam seals and I think that's it.
If I were to do it again I would just buy the seal kit and do everything