Stock Style Garage Door Opener Install

For everything related to the inside of the car!!

Re: Stock Style Garage Door Opener Install

Postby 93celicaconv » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:57 am

Trash_Panda wrote:Wanted to show these ones as well that I found at the junk yard. I ended up using the 3 button switch since I have two garage doors. I like these ones too if you only need one switch. They are from a toyota mini van, probably late 90's early 00's Sienna. They are momentary switches as well (don't toggle on off, spring back when pushed, like the garage remote button) and would work well for the same type of DIY I did with the 3 button one. They are also bigger and easier to find with your hands in the dark, etc..

I snagged the security one as well incase I get creative. I might try to rig my hands free microphone for my Kenwood head unit into the stock toyota security unit so that I don't have to have an aftermarket mic sitting on top of my steering column for my hands free phone feature. Could also rig the LED into something if I needed some sort of indication, IE a remote fuel cutoff hidden somewhere and when in cutoff that little light is on.. too many ideas.

These are another nice switch option - and they are from 2001-2003 Toyota Sienna's. Some only had the RH switch, some had both. It doesn't look like 2000 and earlier Sienna's utilized this front center dash set of switches. What is nice about these is that they are illuminated - so if you wire them into your dash lighting, these can be seen. I think if someone took the Homelink opener setup from an overhead console, and just used the controller part, then wired in a couple of switches like these and tied in the illumination, that would make for a very nice OEM-looking setup.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
93celicaconv
Club Member

Previous

Return to Audio / Wiring / Interior