Another addict joins the party. 2X ST165s

dylanSF

Hi All

My name is Dylan and I am the caretaker of 2 1988 ST165s.

I am in San Francisco.

First 1988 ST165 is white and leaks like a sieve but runs well. Almost 100% stock besides newer celica rims and roof racks for the fake rally look (PO-LOL).

Second 1988 ST165 is white and an IMSA model.

Just finished a head gasket job on the IMSA model. NOT FUN. Has ST185 head/ECU, PB coil overs, and Aussie exhaust.

-Dylan

simple

Nice! Looks like a Toyota camper in the background as well. How did you get the white stripe off the ISMA? Mine is all flaky and crusty

dylanSF

Previous owner removed the white stripe or replaced it. I bet the later option b/c it looks just like the non imsa Celica front.

Toyota truck is my crazy neighbor who is building a Baja surf vehicle. It’s a chinok camper from a 70s Toyota onto a 90s truck. Customer rattle can paint job.

dylanSF

I’m just crazy and really like them in white

First one needs a lot of oil leaks chased down. And has original clutch so I knew I had that to look forward sometime in the future.

2nd one had blown head gasket but had been loved and had some good mods. I’d done head gaskets on 2 previous wife cars so took the plung. 3sgte head gasket and finding st165 parts was no so fun. I don’t think I’d do another HG. New used motor swap probably easier.

GT4times2

dylanSF":2aufffwk said:
Hi All

My name is Dylan and I am the caretaker of 2 1988 ST165s.

I am in San Francisco.

First 1988 ST165 is white and leaks like a sieve but runs well. Almost 100% stock besides newer celica rims and roof racks for the fake rally look (PO-LOL).

Second 1988 ST165 is white and an IMSA model.

Just finished a head gasket job on the IMSA model. NOT FUN. Has ST185 head/ECU, PB coil overs, and Aussie exhaust.

-Dylan

Congrats on your recent toys. Fun cars, not the best daily drivers, but fun cars when they run. Enjoy!! Nothing like them.

Never heard of PB coil overs, until today and a Google search. How do you like them? Did you order them locally? If so, where?

dylanSF

Yah the ST165 is fun.

PB makes specific coilovers for ST165. Previous owner put them on. He set the ride height a little low and I haven't messed with them yet. They are better than stock units.

-Dylan