ST165 squeal when not touching clutch pedal

Mateo

Recently had my clutch replaced with a ACT unit by a trusted mechanic, and I've drove it less than 200 miles and I've noticed that it squeals but if you even slightly touch the pedal it goes away. Does anyone know the cause? I was thinking it could be my slave cylinder.

sefiroxx

Probably tightened up in the specs to the point of of just touching the throw out bearing. The adjustment screw is under the dash.

sefiroxx

The rod from the master cylinder comes through the firewall and connects to the clutch pedal. The rod is threaded and it's mate is threaded. Mate is pinned to the clutch pedal. There maybe a nut that locks them together. Follow the clutch pedal up, should be self explanatory when you see it. Suggest a 1/2 to full turn clockwise by the mate. That will pull the master rod back a bit.

Mateo

I should have said it temporarily fixed it lol. I can tighten it as much as I can and it still makes the squeal, but also the clutch makes sort of a clicky noise when it's all the way pushed down.

sefiroxx

Sounds like throw out bearing is failing. It spins when the clutch is depressed and stops when pedal is released.

sefiroxx

Check the bearing fork position near the slave cylinder. Might have to unbolt the cylinder and see if the fork is loose, moving etc.

EDIT

I suggest, as a long long ago, I had a new clutch, bearing etc and the bearing spring wire that holds it to the fork had come undone.