What's this wire going through the heat shield?

heykennyii

So I'm trying to figure out what this wire is that's going through the heat shield on my to-be-delivered WRC. Clearly drilling through the heat shield was not the cleanest solution here, but are there any ideas as to what it'd be going to?

I'm thinking it's to measure the exhaust temperatures at the manifold? Activating anti-lag? (Hope not!) :shrug:

20982-48.jpg

20982-51.jpg

underscore

It's probably an EGT probe. The antilag piping is just a dummy so some people drill out one of the bungs to use it for EGT.

heykennyii

underscore":1eak4ome said:
It's probably an EGT probe. The antilag piping is just a dummy so some people drill out one of the bungs to use it for EGT.

Thanks buddy! I knew antilag was under there, but I didn't know about drilling the bungs for EGT. Makes sense since the car also has an electronic boost controller and vacuum gauge to keep an eye on things.

grip-addict

man, I don't get why people put single probes that high up in the exhaust flow. if you're gonna drop a single, do it low and make it look clean. Or do 4 probes up top so you can manipulate fuel per-cylinder.
HeyKennyii: i'm expecting you to do some air injection with those ports ;)