New member in nj

New members MUST post a new intro thread before they can access the rest of the forum.

New member in nj

Postby Lopezjj1386 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:09 am

Looking at 1992 alltrac tomorrow any advice on where to look for rot
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Lopezjj1386

Re: New member in nj

Postby simple » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:03 pm

Wheel wells? Battery tray? Inside the gas tank?

Good luck!
simple
Club Member

Postby MARLON1211 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:17 pm

Welcome. I Also live in NJ. Whereabouts are you?
SO BE IT
MARLON1211
Established Member

Postby rallygarage » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:43 pm

We need more members in NJ. MARLON1211 was good to see you on Sunday at the show.
rallygarage
Club Member

Postby MARLON1211 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:53 pm

Thanks Bud. Nice see you as well. Stay safe.
SO BE IT
MARLON1211
Established Member

Postby Lopezjj1386 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:17 pm

hey guys almost a year later I'm responding bought the car; for the price I had no choice I'm in north nj Morris County after getting the car home and finally getting under it I concluded fuel and brake lines need to be redone properly (previous job was sloppy) the Rear subframe mounts need to be reconstructed driver side is completely shot passenger is ok but why not do both the fuel pump was rusted out entirely the gas tank has pin holes needs new front fenders and windshield, could use original hood carbon fiber hood needs a lot of restoration the wiring harness is sloppy and not something id trust interior is great everything turns on and functions this car is a keeper project and a check off the bucket list for me I hope to meet you nj guys soon
Lopezjj1386

Postby Roreri » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:33 pm

Congrats on getting your hands on an AllTrac--these cars definitely do get under your skin.

You have a lot of work:

Fuel Lines
Brake Lines
Rear Subframe Mounts
Complete Gas Tank Refurb w/Fuel Pump--there have been a couple of members who have posted recently on this
New Front Fenders
New Windshield--I'd be curious about how to source one myself, because eventually I'm going to catch a rock
Hood Replace (optional?)--I've seen carbon fiber hoods, I bet an original is hard to find
Wiring Harness Touchup

Looks like a project thread is in order!
Roreri
Club Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby Tippo » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:39 pm

Lopezjj1386 wrote:hey guys almost a year later I'm responding bought the car; for the price I had no choice I'm in north nj Morris County after getting the car home and finally getting under it I concluded fuel and brake lines need to be redone properly (previous job was sloppy) the Rear subframe mounts need to be reconstructed driver side is completely shot passenger is ok but why not do both the fuel pump was rusted out entirely the gas tank has pin holes needs new front fenders and windshield, could use original hood carbon fiber hood needs a lot of restoration the wiring harness is sloppy and not something id trust interior is great everything turns on and functions this car is a keeper project and a check off the bucket list for me I hope to meet you nj guys soon

Bending brake lines is a really, really tough job and I wish you the best of luck! I had mine done, then redid it myself since it was sloppy. It's still sloppy but it works. Anyways, I plan on bringing one of my ST185 to the bear mountain meet next year. Cheers and if you have questions, obviously start a thread up and we'll do our best to help!
1992 SW20 MR2 Turbo 4th Gen 3SGTE Swap. Aquamarine Pearl. "Priscilla"
1992 ST185 Celica All-Trac Turbo 4th Gen 3SGTE Swap. Teal Metallic. "Lazarus"
1990 ST185 Cellica All-Trac Turbo. Grey Metallic. "Mirum"
Tippo
Club Member

Return to New Member Forum