My new All-Trac St185

alltrac801

Its such a small change but it makes a huge difference! I'll take better pictures when the weather isnt bad and i can get her cleaned up again.

alltrac801

Got the front bumper off and getting it painted today! Should have it back in a couple of days!

Attachments

• rps20200921_132657.jpg
    rps20200921_132657.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 1,565

alltrac801

Finally got my bumper back from paint and installed and man does it look good!

Attachments

• rps20201016_103122.jpg
    rps20201016_103122.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 1,487

alltrac801

Just got my All-trac back from getting the clearcoat re-finished using restoreFX and damn it came out good! Pictures don't do it justice and my dumb ass didn't take a before picture!

Attachments

• rps20201104_104220.jpg
    rps20201104_104220.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 1,392
  • rps20201104_104245.jpg
    rps20201104_104245.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,392

Corey

Wow that looks fantastic

Regarding the ARC intercooler heat dissipation, I think it's worth while to look into creating a new scoop shroud to allow more airflow through the intercooler. The stock rubber shroud blocks a bit of the cooler. On mine I created an aluminum duct which I've found does a good enough job.

alltrac801

Thank you! I was really blown away by the detail job! Do you have any pictures of what you did? I really like the ARC and want to keep it I just want to make sure I'm getting the best performance out of it as possible.

Corey

[album]438[/album]

[album]439[/album]

Used cardboard and tape to make a rough version and to get the clearances right, then cut out the pieces from aluminum and took them to a shop to get welded. It's secured to the hood with the original screw holes.

I've considered adding thin strips of foam rubber around the edges to improve the seal, but I have the clearances pretty close and it does a good job as is. There is about a 3-5mm gap all the way around which allows for engine movement. I had to file down the back edge in particular after driving around because the original clearance was so close that the intercooler was rubbing against the duct when the engine moved.

Corey

Thanks. I originally tried just stacks of adhesive foam rubber weather stripping stuck to the hood around the scoop. And while that worked, it looked terrible and didn't last long.

I don't think I've noticed any rattling from it. I've had it on the car for about 8 years now.

alltrac801

Still trying to find my wiring issue but while I have the dash taken apart I was just looking over stuff and someone has definitely been under there before and messed with pretty much every wiring connecter and didn't know how to separate them without almost destroying the clips.

I figured I would check my ECU's and repair it if any capacitors were leaking but when I opened the ECU up the board looks like new! how could I tell if the ECU has been replaced? even the clear factory plastic (now yellow ish) was still on top of the ECU.

alltrac801

I just assumed where it's a 91 that maybe one capacitor would be a bad or going bad but like I said it looks brand new. But then again i have never looked inside of one before.

underscore

Ah I see what you mean. Capacitors can also dry out internally so they can look okay but still be causing problems. I think leaking as a failure is more common though

alltrac801

I didnt have a real reason to open up the ECU but i just figured I would check it out while i was under the dash and i was just really surprised that it looked in such good shape.