WTB widebody driver side fender and all trac hood

Looking for parts, ask around!

WTB widebody driver side fender and all trac hood

Postby 94TT2JZED » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:20 pm

Looking for a GTS/all trac fender passenger side as well as a scoop style AllTrac hood. Located near springfield mass would travel and willing to pay for shipping within reason.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
94TT2JZED

Re: WTB widebody driver side fender and all trac hood

Postby 93celicaconv » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:02 pm

Assuming you talking about an ST185 series? Not an ST165?
93celicaconv
Club Member

Postby 94TT2JZED » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:43 pm

93celicaconv wrote:Assuming you talking about an ST185 series? Not an ST165?

Yes st185 sorry I should have clarified.
94TT2JZED

Postby 93celicaconv » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:31 am

Can I assume you prefer a local source also, east coast? Shipping something of these sizes, with freight costs these days, will cost as much as the part is worth.

You might want to check www.car-part.com for a local salvage yard near you that may have the front fender from a GT-S for you.

The hood, being unique to the ST185, will be more difficult, but several folks have modified their All-Tracs to water-to-air intercooler and have put on GT-4 type hoods, so there may be some original All-Trac hoods in your area.
93celicaconv
Club Member

Postby 94TT2JZED » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:56 pm

93celicaconv wrote:Can I assume you prefer a local source also, east coast? Shipping something of these sizes, with freight costs these days, will cost as much as the part is worth.

You might want to check http://www.car-part.com for a local salvage yard near you that may have the front fender from a GT-S for you.

The hood, being unique to the ST185, will be more difficult, but several folks have modified their All-Tracs to water-to-air intercooler and have put on GT-4 type hoods, so there may be some original All-Trac hoods in your area.

The closer it as the better it would be. I bought a passenger side GT-S fender from North Carolina and it was about 60$ to ship - about as much as the actual part just like you said. I have been checking Car-part daily and calling local bigger yards around me which would be able to hold older vehicles but no one seems to have anything. (all other places on car-part have refused to ship sheet metal parts so far). A place in NY sent me a picture of a fender they have but it does not look like a GTS to me. I attached it what do you think? So I am open to shipping - within reason if anyone has anything let me know
Attachments
IMG-0847.JPG
94TT2JZED

Postby 93celicaconv » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:36 pm

It is so hard to tell from a picture if it is a narrow body fender or a wide body fender. Much easier if it is on the car. The white paint doesn't help see contours either.

What I can tell you is that, on a narrow body, when the fender is on the car, the bump strip used along the bottom part of the door, quarter panel, and small strip on the rear of the front fender - on a narrow body, those 3 strips form a straight line. On a wide body, the bump strip on the back of the fender angles out a bit towards the wheel opening flare. It not real obvious when looking at the car - one has to really look close to see the difference. Very hard to tell on your picture, but it looks like it could have the shape to be a wide body fender.

Another way to tell is to find out if the fender you have a picture of has its original VIN sticker still on the upper inside lip of the fender. If it does, that VIN will tell you if it was a GT-S, a GT, or an ST.
93celicaconv
Club Member

Postby 94TT2JZED » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:57 pm

I also have these two images the yard sent me. After looking at these two images it does look like the rear of the fender does flare outwards slightly. Definitely easier to tell on the car though. Going to need to take a closer look at my fenders.
Attachments
4D767976-2F0E-44FC-87E6-C085295EA7CC.jpeg
D9E9AA44-74E8-46AA-8299-47628E78EC8D.jpeg
94TT2JZED

Return to Parts Wanted