Project Mirum: A Pleasant Surprise

Tippo

A while back, before obtaining Lazarus, I heard of a possible ST185 coming up for sale locally. I texted the owner, asking if he's going to sell to give me a heads up. Well that was a while ago and I had since obtained Lazarus by sheer tenacity. Fast forward to last week, I received a message that said "well, time to let her go." Not only am I elbow deep in Lazarus, but also dealing with house, work and a whole heap load of other projects but I could NOT say "no." Take a look at the newest member of the family: Mirum, named after the Latin word for surprise.

AM-JKLW8WP-DquwFkdEd6kKcNwHwdKYhcz6JbOKL6cRePrKP4g6JopCDPw6S8dG_v-qzxllVwdLLXi8BIn4HAguDvFCK3R7lb6B7OtnWw5Rg4iyd9h9MfR9lECu1vjUv4znGLr17JC1Ccpg1eNVO1h_3w2nT9w=w1388-h1041-no

AM-JKLXC5cuwOdgig2Zr1tcdZlnnIkuHxjJfHtZjEk64m-huDThrfgO_w1FjoTR198IPKV4lXMhfjN4CvC5C9h-ja5j71KR3aIv_09JDR4n3MS5Mx0f_zVoLgG322HfxmLJOKvCslO5j4CBEuSSqAnoUlPIT9w=w781-h1041-no

AM-JKLUSpLr-k6QL9ZNtIzFbBFytMXxPdKil--eZ6Wg6qc92ECW3Dc14OgU3C2F4bvo9-zHJKbCoKk6J8waGl8z7aCXg4BPQL1X25X4SucyRpHlCP4J1zUKG9vJp0wXIpBVGG8nWyW3cg8tjoHnKVUKHDsI7Vg=w586-h1041-no

She appears to be ultra clean, not too much rust (some here and there) but she still obviously needs work. Super stoked to have her added to the family. She's not as far gone as Lazarus, so hoping to finish her up, then Lazzy in the long run. Anyways, hope you enjoy. I guess I'll start a fleet!

Tippo

simple":3cd1winc said:
Dude! That car looks amazing. Are those OZ 3 piece Futura wheels or knock offs?

AG knock offs, but still look great imho. they rub very strange with the coilovers and ST205 torsen rear diff, though. Not diggin the rubber on it.
AM-JKLUhsLWEsh4WLiLBzqaPEW9y5_626LzQacEaCryK2Gd3WlqNYCGIfBQ0-FZRICdlU4jqt4_sKtkMQVbgvJH-yAEAh5VyVc3gfFHrbKUwUpwBd33oeMUkiIwMUnfCrAZ-fCpk15uVKSu8PCYlNup9mz-5TQ=w734-h978-no

Roreri":3cd1winc said:
You're like a one man AllTrac rescue society!

I hope not! lol, cool to have 2 though

alltracman78":3cd1winc said:
Wow

Good for you! You're starting down a slippery slope though....

Definitely a slippery slope, I had this one in the works and she looks so close to my old car.

Here's a photo shoot if anyone is interested:

AM-JKLXcvmp1ee4ftUPgvfiNbQChtxu3Nbdp4Ex7M6HtWFaT_UOcZhEeG2Qs7d6fH5nyy5mYyfz5OG-MQj9WuKLkLqP8cfXVDreN49UaQiA2uTycw7MU8PZoDauj9eiEbddYxGuCBmzoIx4SOFnrRd0D2T7mPw=s978-no

AM-JKLUIz4l7FTlLAeuMpqd-Z7LSTVIPlmvOV_o1ojTFVsD6fKvEIoRBD9WkAcNRjGUB1MiU3dELG61mFHyVs3qD6JYHLPwcddFYMLJZbZj2cI1i9iOYqdpgj_5dVq60CsGZ5EZt7b2Bfu0810m1rN-RQrzZeQ=s978-no

AM-JKLWtlCBZKVs8gODzjeV-b3aN5iYs7qBkRDHvVeJAFDA41DEWVIpfr1OMp6TfP_3zl1M_j6EADWG-NzlshuzW51sfPQSVI-xLhnSy2XZ_TA1yRsy1c9TWd8Es11ewM3Hmd73Ki0AaT30nxkDjM2u7TcvLnA=w1304-h978-no

AM-JKLVimqNAVeoMXU6r6_srqiJyiXDKmMNQIr0s0SR_0BBrxLpJCShb3p-L6Upv9qaPKFn-VsGKjFfVk0rVm4-yJSiQlqEsmKgFfLYJffl7_s1fwX_YykiqhD0UPB3uBE_d_0X8cmDGcdybVr4freouKoBwVQ=w1304-h978-no

AM-JKLVCIpWqXfQ17CHr0BOtozIZ_WKCJykgVLoAOxwnyfHLPuR8Km-_fIm3c1zUPJRw7x2de-ySgYoWqbGCxKot7bQ--vX8TMBoDJBzSIY0We5vmCid70C98GBVqicKFPGp816DgOmc44s-xJGEb2WVEsVbEw=w1304-h978-no

AM-JKLWEFRLwHDlFmC36_jPMFdZkkgkMTyREe_w0XKfRUtr7Bv2Edj-ap2Txt_QQqSgh6dvvDTttxpXGDhPwWX3D493igzyOprbLj5_V---LD5bDGQ8eHUFRskJm7RDFmU4A78RF9HN5c0SpGvfJC8XkulmbiA=w1304-h978-no

AM-JKLUZwTlFdrl3iDpV26rOhjP5vRP-NBRm7v9oZsBexW5Hq9CZX3KtnBy935JXpL0yqbKys77GdXueis2DJPCeepv7V38D5ZtK9aeUx-0h02uj2loCVmggnvbEOx-6IdN7UII17G3Mxe_XdrByN_aLT8kpAA=w1304-h978-no

She's definitely a fine specimen.

Roreri

It really is very nice--how's it drive?

From the pics I get the impression it's a rakeless drop--equal front and back. Is that so?

Tippo

Domspun":21q9mle6 said:
Wow, so that's how a clean St185h looks like! lol Nice catch!

Thanks! Wasn't expecting it, but had to. Would you? lol

Roreri":21q9mle6 said:
It really is very nice--how's it drive?

From the pics I get the impression it's a rakeless drop--equal front and back. Is that so?

Drives OK. Already fixed a charging issue with grounds, leads, battery and alternator. I actually Don't like the coilovers too much, little too bouncy for me but she runs excellent. I also don't like the rubber on the tires, really doesn't do her justice and is quite squirrelly, Something to figure out in due time.

Also fun note, the owner who bought it off Bring a Trailer back in 2016 handed me all the items he did to it as well. Turns out there's an ST205 Torsen diff in the rear and lots of work done for preventative maintenance.

Here's the BAT link:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990- ... rac-turbo/

Roreri

The solid service history and that ST205 TorSen rear diff is cool. Congrats on benefitting from the previous owners' love!

Don't know what your plan is for rubber, but I'm liking the Vredestein Quatrac all season tires I put on The Lorelei. Good performance and reasonable cost. Holds nicely in tight curves. They are not a very well established tire--when you go looking for reviews they don't show up much--but they placed well in a comparative review:

https://www.tire-reviews.com/Article/20 ... e-Test.htm

If you look at what categories they placed first in, it's weird that they didn't place first overall.

Tippo

abeans":1n5d7v1f said:
Tippo":1n5d7v1f said:
Also fun note, the owner who bought it off Bring a Trailer
Here's the BAT link:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990- ... rac-turbo/

Wow that was super clean! That was a steal back in 16.

Not going to lie I can't stand those wheels. Especially seeing how clean it was before and with no coffee can muffler. :doh:

I hear ya, I actually have the OG wheels, I can easily return this to stock but I'm not sure if I want Mirum or Lazzy upgraded. I may do a poll to find out lol. So far the body on Mirum is waaaaaaay cleaner than Lazarus, but there is rust brewing in the rear behind the passenger rear wheel.

Also that's an HKS exhaust, so it's actually super quiet. I have one on my SW20 MR2 as well with my 4th gen swap. It's not loud, surprisingly.

GT4times2

Tippo":1f8schbt said:
A while back, before obtaining Lazarus, I heard of a possible ST185 coming up for sale locally. I texted the owner, asking if he's going to sell to give me a heads up. Well that was a while ago and I had since obtained Lazarus by sheer tenacity. Fast forward to last week, I received a message that said "well, time to let her go." Not only am I elbow deep in Lazarus, but also dealing with house, work and a whole heap load of other projects but I could NOT say "no." Take a look at the newest member of the family: Mirum, named after the Latin word for surprise.

She appears to be ultra clean, not too much rust (some here and there) but she still obviously needs work. Super stoked to have her added to the family. She's not as far gone as Lazarus, so hoping to finish her up, then Lazzy in the long run. Anyways, hope you enjoy. I guess I'll start a fleet!

Congrats on the new toy. I have one just like that. Love that color. Letting it go soon though. What are your plans for yours?

Tippo

GT4times2":2punxujo said:
Tippo":2punxujo said:

Congrats on the new toy. I have one just like that. Love that color. Letting it go soon though. What are your plans for yours?

Plan at the moment make it so I can take her to car meets. She's drivable but definitely has alignment/suspension issues that have to be sorted before going far. Also, clean the rust up before it gets worse. Lazarus is getting a huge upgrades soon.

Tippo

So I still have this car and it's been sitting in my garage. I have plans for it, but Lazarus and Priscilla are taking over. Anyways, I go to start it yesterday and either the starter or solenoid is seized - go figure. I pop started it no problem haha. Either way, Here she is:

AL9nZEWD7aBe4CmXs3MbFBmXI0APIcN0_WbrS82hGpk4XFAqHrK8YqjdUXXvDRKvFSMwr79ncKo4SdPKcY6zJcyII7KOC4a6_NJJtnGvxY3YCWqTi4Gd4rb9fJz_pLpj-WZYmCFVZuOrgmM8GhjjsYGbNcnjaw=w1016-h765-no

Tippo

Thanks! Also, I put some Kouki tails on her. Still got to figure out the starter / starter relay issue though. Sitting cars is the worst.

AL9nZEU1H4QdLgJFGC8tnUf4mIlslHywPkkm7jG44oWFvzkxe75rotGoIZUPsk_SEEqEXDIaVtilzhb0alDBnShvNHs7IUXncObEo_He-w35PGvEZ1PqroMmWKKamuOaZFdKaqGzKKYRH7pBYc_W9PpbmEel4A=w1016-h765-no

AL9nZEWFE7fW0S7Vt3df5JTDpH-Y32W-_Yg5PqmMezCJGbS3ngCyprpV4IP7l8bO9I5q6k1qFSpBZQSDmsH6hYX-TmyNMDt9tWc1UUSTHeV6UPgl5g6Zzo0m8mJXuBXVn8DBDzOLkNF9duSJRQUfcPJcPqLHGQ=w1016-h765-no

Tippo

I sold Mirum, unfortunately. Before hand, I had the car repainted and did a ton of little odds and ends to it. But I say to Mirum and the new owner good luck! She was a garage queen for me. But now to focus more on Lazarus. here's some shots before she left:

PXL_20230904_155245572.jpgPXL_20230904_155220560.jpg

Good luck to the new owner!