New member from StL

Wingding

Hello All
I am Joe. I have an 88 Celica Alltrac that after a 2+ year struggle I was able to free the car from a backlot of dealer/mechanic and let it roam in the wild. Well, once I get a few things taken care of. It was sitting lonely for about 10 years behind the shop. I am a VW guy at heart (Corrado G60, Rabbit VR6) but once I discovered the uniqueness of this car, I had to have.

grip-addict

Welcome! I'd love to hear more about your rabbit. I'm a lightly-modded mk7 owner and one of my college dd's was an 84 rabbit with a scirocco motor swap, gutted interior, and poly/Bilstein suspension all around. Not the fastest car on the straights, but it would carry just so much speed thru the corners... It was the perfect momentum car. I miss it.

Roreri

These cars are amazing.

I've read stories of amazing restorations, dogged maintenance, and have myself been lured into learning some tech skills and some financial silliness to keep mine healthy and even improve it.

These are not the fastest sleds out there--unless you build them--but they are quick and a lot of fun. The sorts of reactions and devotion they inspire. I mean, just your two-year campaign for example.

Welcome to the club--if you feel like it, post up a thread with a laydown of how your ride is and share the story!

Wingding

Thank you.
Yes, St Louis MO(I updated my location)
The Rabbit really isn't much. That was a project car that started many years ago until kids and adulthood took over. I have a collection of parts to to go into it but time is hard to come by. It will be the recipient of the VR6 out of my old Jetta GLX. The Corrado was saved from a backyard for a cheap price and is closer to roadworthy than the Rabbit. Leaving the Alltrac most roadworthy but not without some work. Right now its missing exhaust from behind the cat, back, a clutch that will go in and not return and it won't fire. Interior is in pretty good shape for age and mileage (121k)
but does have rust in the spare tire well. Body is dented and ding, with clear coat peeling and the awesome front bumper/foglights a little less than straight. So trying to do it all while carting kids to kid things and rehabbing a house to help fund the car projects. I will get done what I can get done...

CMS-GT4

There are 5 185s and at least 2 other 165s here in STL. You might want to keep an eye on the Cars and Coffee FB page as some of us make it to some of the events. I was out at the Hagarty event last Saturday.