Finally bought an alltrac! Long time waiting.

All the way to Sunny FL

Finally bought an alltrac! Long time waiting.

Postby Bori » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:18 pm

After many many years of waiting, I finally got around to buying my alltrac. It's a project car but only 35k miles on the dash it was worth it. I actually pick it up in a week since the car is in New Jersey and I'm in Orlando, Fl.
Any locals??
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Attachments
Screenshot_20220916-081135_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220916-081124_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220916-081119_Facebook.jpg
Bori
Club Member

Re: Finally bought an alltrac! Long time waiting.

Postby Tippo » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:16 pm

Nice! I actually saw this on marketplace. Glad a community member scooped it up. Definitely worth it for $3500. I have the carfax if you want it.
1992 SW20 MR2 Turbo 4th Gen 3SGTE Swap. Aquamarine Pearl. "Priscilla"
1992 ST185 Celica All-Trac Turbo 4th Gen 3SGTE Swap. Teal Metallic. "Lazarus"
1990 ST185 Cellica All-Trac Turbo. Grey Metallic. "Mirum"
Tippo
Club Member

Postby Bori » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:31 pm

Yeah Sure. I'll take it. Do you mind emailing it to me at dannylrios@gmail.com? The car was in a junkyard and they let it go for $2,500. Can't wait to find out how much work it actually needs. :D
Bori
Club Member

Postby Roreri » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:34 pm

Sheeeit. Even if you have to throw the high end of my war chest estimate of $5K to $10K at it, that would be worth it.

Nice score, but I predict a fulsome and awesome My Project thread!
Roreri
Club Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby 93celicaconv » Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:11 pm

Why would someone ever junk a car like that with 35,000 miles on it? What was that prior owner thinking??????
93celicaconv
Club Member

Postby Bori » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:29 am

Roreri wrote:Sheeeit. Even if you have to throw the high end of my war chest estimate of $5K to $10K at it, that would be worth it.

That's the plan. :D once I'm settled and thoroughly go over what's actually needed, I would like to start a new thread and see where the journey takes me. I'm really debating whether I should throw in a 205 engine or just rebuild the stock engine. We shall see.
Bori
Club Member

Postby Bori » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:37 am

93celicaconv wrote:Why would someone ever junk a car like that with 35,000 miles on it? What was that prior owner thinking??????

Ok so apparently the car was in a barn for many years. Don't know what happened to the original owner but a new property owner took over and called the junkyard to get it out. (Guess they didn't know what they had) Junkyard turned around and sold it. I just got lucky and reached out at the right time and got it before another enthusiast got to it. I did a VIN check and it all squared up. It's a blessing :D
Bori
Club Member

Postby Roreri » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:45 am

Well, absolutely a snatch at the slot machine handle.

The previous owner put in an FMIC. Like many do. You got anything from moves under its own power just needs fluids switched out new battery and new tires to blown engine. I look forward to an interesting My Project thread!
Roreri
Club Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby simple » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:58 am

Bori wrote:
Roreri wrote:Sheeeit. Even if you have to throw the high end of my war chest estimate of $5K to $10K at it, that would be worth it.

That's the plan. :D once I'm settled and thoroughly go over what's actually needed, I would like to start a new thread and see where the journey takes me. I'm really debating whether I should throw in a 205 engine or just rebuild the stock engine. We shall see.

Finding a ST205 these days isn't easy at all. Plenty of Gen 4 engines though
simple
Club Member

Postby Bori » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:08 am

Yeah I'm hoping the engine isn't blown on this one and I can just bring it back to life but if I have to take it out then I'll consider just swapping it. I hear it's a real pain in the tush since I would have to Frankenstein it together but I'm up for a challenge. Hopefully I can find someone from this forum that lives nearby and is willing to lend a helping hand. :shrug:
Bori
Club Member

Postby Tippo » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:58 am

Bori wrote:Yeah Sure. I'll take it. Do you mind emailing it to me at dannylrios@gmail.com? The car was in a junkyard and they let it go for $2,500. Can't wait to find out how much work it actually needs. :D

Check your email when you're free. Sent!
1992 SW20 MR2 Turbo 4th Gen 3SGTE Swap. Aquamarine Pearl. "Priscilla"
1992 ST185 Celica All-Trac Turbo 4th Gen 3SGTE Swap. Teal Metallic. "Lazarus"
1990 ST185 Cellica All-Trac Turbo. Grey Metallic. "Mirum"
Tippo
Club Member

Postby jamiehill72 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:15 pm

Bori wrote:After many many years of waiting, I finally got around to buying my alltrac. It's a project car but only 35k miles on the dash it was worth it. I actually pick it up in a week since the car is in New Jersey and I'm in Orlando, Fl.
Any locals??

I'm out in Palm Coast, so semi-local. Just picked up a 1990 AllTrac a couple months ago myself. Similar situation where it was stored away for a long time. It's running, but the engine is a little tired. Going to swap it out probably this winter.
jamiehill72
Club Member

1990 Toyota Celica

Postby Bori » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:26 pm

jamiehill72 - not too far. About an hour or so away from me I believe. Maybe we can help each other other out soon. Would be cool to meet some fellow enthusiasts. I used to be on this forum a lot years ago when I had a red St165. I'm originally from New Jersey and went to a lot of meets out there but haven't seen a single alltrac out here since I moved.
Bori
Club Member

Postby jamiehill72 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:25 pm

Bori wrote:jamiehill72 - not too far. About an hour or so away from me I believe. Maybe we can help each other other out soon. Would be cool to meet some fellow enthusiasts. I used to be on this forum a lot years ago when I had a red St165. I'm originally from New Jersey and went to a lot of meets out there but haven't seen a single alltrac out here since I moved.

Happy to help out with anything you need. I was also on here alot when I had my first ST185. We moved here from Seattle in 2017 and I had been looking for a new car for a while now that we are all settled.
jamiehill72
Club Member

1990 Toyota Celica

Postby Bori » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:46 pm

Seattle. Wow. Weather must have taken some time getting used to. :D I definitely reach out when I'm ready to get started on this.
Bori
Club Member

Next

Return to SouthEast