92-93 Tail Lights and Center Plate Holder

RedCelicaTRD

Looking for some 92-93 rear tail lights and the center section that holds the license plate. No cracks or scratches that can't be polished out, please.

Wayne, your profile says you have a 1990 All-Trac. And you want 1992-1993 taillights & center license plate holder? The 1992-1993 are different from 1990-1991, as I'm sure you already know.

Also, the Celica GT-S would be a suitable donor for these parts, which should make them more accessible (if one can find such a car in a salvage yard these days).

earthmanjupiter

Hey there's a 92 here at a the "expensive" junkyard in Ogden. I'm pulling other pieces tomorrow or Wednesday but I could snag the lights for you. They'll probably charge me $80-100 for them because they are the worst. Would you want me to get photos at least?

Tippo

earthmanjupiter":1fht4d6x said:
Hey there's a 92 here at a the "expensive" junkyard in Ogden. I'm pulling other pieces tomorrow or Wednesday but I could snag the lights for you. They'll probably charge me $80-100 for them because they are the worst. Would you want me to get photos at least?

That's not even a bad price lol. The Kouki tails are now 500ish. Aside from that, I actually like the look of Kouki tails with a Zenki center piece.

RedCelicaTRD

earthmanjupiter":2ni8x6s3 said:

If it’s in good shape and can be polished up nicely I’ll take the center section. I was able to order new lights from Japan, but the center section is unavailable.

RedCelicaTRD

Amayama. They had the USDM part number for the light and harness, so the full assembly. They also had the JDM number for just the lens. I ordered both for both sides. We’ll see how it works out.

underscore

Definitely keep us posted, I might snag one to have a new pair on hand if what you get is correct. I'm also curious what the difference is between the USDM and JDM. I always assumed they were the same which might be why I wasn't finding them before. Europe might be different as well then.

Tippo

underscore":no7f0vyo said:
Definitely keep us posted, I might snag one to have a new pair on hand if what you get is correct. I'm also curious what the difference is between the USDM and JDM. I always assumed they were the same which might be why I wasn't finding them before. Europe might be different as well then.

USDM is different than JDM. JDM has those vented corners and popout sides. Not a fan of em, but a bunch of people like them. I prefer the Koukis to the Zenkis. The Zenki center says "CELICA" which i am a fan of. Here's an example of my old car:

AL9nZEWBFziHh8_3U9kEL-m7W9xgktxZ8Ust_k4KmEhc7M1-tKmrO_uyZwOrjHIUGcMJjPNdPB64zltFbQaoT3O3apac2KOkgkBn0zoFz7fg_Vu3kd_RONAQikWXsuUPZlvcut9bnHSYXxMNA524pcn0iSO3lQ=w1024-h577-no

Tippo":1ex0wigz said:
USDM is different than JDM. JDM has those vented corners and popout sides. Not a fan of em, but a bunch of people like them. I prefer the Koukis to the Zenkis. The Zenki center says "CELICA" which i am a fan of.
So you have the 92-93 smoke outlined rear tail lights, but have the 90-91 rear center garnish?

Unless I'm not seeing things right, the rear corner lamp covers are not included with the rear tail light assemblies. And for the 92-93 smoke trimmed style, only one side of the rear corner covers are available. If only both sides were available.

Tippo

93celicaconv":268wahx4 said:
Tippo":268wahx4 said:
USDM is different than JDM. JDM has those vented corners and popout sides. Not a fan of em, but a bunch of people like them. I prefer the Koukis to the Zenkis. The Zenki center says "CELICA" which i am a fan of.
So you have the 92-93 smoke outlined rear tail lights, but have the 90-91 rear center garnish?

Unless I'm not seeing things right, the rear corner lamp covers are not included with the rear tail light assemblies. And for the 92-93 smoke trimmed style, only one side of the rear corner covers are available. If only both sides were available.

Yes, Kouki = 92-93, Zenki = 90-91. That's pictured here with the Kouki tails and Zenki center. As for my 92 (Lazarus), that's all Kouki stock. Mirum had Zenki stock, but i converted all to Kouki. If they're not selling you the turn signal/lamp with the tails, that's messed up. JDM is vented, USDM is not. 90-91 is complete amber where as 92-93 is smoked. These are specific to the year of tails and version of tails.

I actually like the mixed look though from full kouki tails to zenki center. To each their own!

And what I meant by vents, that's JDM only.

Tippo":1lktwl5h said:
Yes, Kouki = 92-93, Zenki = 90-91. That's pictured here with the Kouki tails and Zenki center. As for my 92 (Lazarus), that's all Kouki stock. Mirum had Zenki stock, but i converted all to Kouki. If they're not selling you the turn signal/lamp with the tails, that's messed up. JDM is vented, USDM is not. 90-91 is complete amber whereas 92-93 is smoked. These are specific to the year of tails and version of tails.

I actually like the mixed look though from full kouki tails to zenki center. To each their own!

Not messed up. I was talking about the rear corner light covers, and those covers are not included with the rear tail light assemblies. They need to be ordered separately. If you take a look at the detail on ToyoDIY.com, you can see that the rear corner covers are not included with the rear tail light assemblies - they are on their own separate page. If you got the rear corner light covers by only ordering the rear tail light assemblies, you were fortunate. When I ordered new rear tail light assemblies for my 1993 Celica convertible back a long time ago, those rear corner light covers did not come with the rear tail light assemblies - I needed to order them separately. Back at that time, Toyota had most of those kinds of things still available.

Tippo

93celicaconv":2zqkxaoa said:
Tippo":2zqkxaoa said:
Yes, Kouki = 92-93, Zenki = 90-91. That's pictured here with the Kouki tails and Zenki center. As for my 92 (Lazarus), that's all Kouki stock. Mirum had Zenki stock, but i converted all to Kouki. If they're not selling you the turn signal/lamp with the tails, that's messed up. JDM is vented, USDM is not. 90-91 is complete amber whereas 92-93 is smoked. These are specific to the year of tails and version of tails.

Not messed up. I was talking about the rear corner light covers, and those covers are not included with the rear tail light assemblies. They need to be ordered separately. If you take a look at the detail on ToyoDIY.com, you can see that the rear corner covers are not included with the rear tail light assemblies - they are on their own separate page. If you got the rear corner light covers by only ordering the rear tail light assemblies, you were fortunate. When I ordered new rear tail light assemblies for my 1993 Celica convertible back a long time ago, those rear corner light covers did not come with the rear tail light assemblies - I needed to order them separately. Back at that time, Toyota had most of those kinds of things still available.

I meant from resellers. Especially JDM! They are technically separate from Toyota since they come apart, but if a third party is selling you this item without the amber corners that clip into the tail-lights, then that's messed up. It's near impossible to find them used otherwise. We're not talking new from toyota, right?

Tippo":qy62dzu6 said:
I meant from resellers. Especially JDM! They are technically separate from Toyota since they come apart, but if a third party is selling you this item without the amber corners that clip into the tail-lights, then that's messed up. It's near impossible to find them used otherwise. We're not talking new from toyota, right?
I was referring to an earlier post in this thread where the tail light assemblies were available from Amayama.com. Toyota in the US cannot get parts from Toyota Japan. So if Toyota Japan has parts, that is where Amayama.com fits in. Amayama.com basically sells only what they can buy from Toyota Japan, and is willing to ship them overseas. So Amayama.com is only selling exactly the same parts (bundled the same way in certain cases) as Toyota Japan sells them.

underscore

I'm talking new from Toyota. You can buy the housing with the bulbs and wiring harness all together, or just the housing, but the corner markers/vents are sold separately with their own part numbers. I get that the complete (minus corner piece) assemblies are different because the harness will be different for the extra bulb on the USDM ones. But the part numbers for the bare housings are different as well.

underscore":2l6eu7ca said:
I'm talking new from Toyota. You can buy the housing with the bulbs and wiring harness all together, or just the housing, but the corner markers/vents are sold separately with their own part numbers. I get that the complete (minus corner piece) assemblies are different because the harness will be different for the extra bulb on the USDM ones. But the part numbers for the bare housings are different as well.
I think we are saying the same thing. Those rear corner lamp assemblies/covers are not available for the 90-91 version (USDM) and only one of the two sides is available for the 92-93 version (USDM). Would be nice if all of them were still available through Toyota to go with new taillight assemblies. But at least the tail light assemblies are still available.

Tippo

Yup gotcha, so those are OEM from Amayama - naturally you have to piece meal order every part that is separate. I'm talking about junk yard / 3rd party resellers. Kinda got lost in the thread but OP stated they wanted some. You can source anything over seas for the most part, but it comes with a steep cost often. Thanks for clarification btw.

Also, Partrequest kinda googles for you on sites like ebay if you're looking for tails.

https://www.partrequest.com/catalog/tai ... elica/1993