3S-GTE sounds

InitialD93

anyone ever hear a 3sgte with no mufflers... im thinking of running 2.5 or 3" turbo back on the 165 with no resonators or mufflers... this is going to be a race car not really a driver. just wondering what that will sound like.

also is there any shorter path that the exhaust can take like say, out the side instead of running all the way back or would it even make a difference.

toayoztan

I don't think there's an easier/shorter path due to the floor plans. However, you could just end the piping right before it hits the rear axle. In oklahoma, however, i believe the pipes have to go at least past the rear axle to be considered legal.

Bryan

-==L=a=N=c=E==-

so, if i was to get an aussie downpipe, midpipe w/cat and then straight pipe to a rear muffler. It would have a ncie loud idle about it, and a smooth top end sound?

Cause at the moment, i have the stock downpipe, with 3inches all the way to a new cat, a resonator, then muffler, and its too quiet for my liking.

-==L=a=N=c=E==-

alltracman78":2nxwoyob said:
Stock dp including cat? If so, that's alot of noise reduction right there.

Stock downpipe, chopped off cat, and 3 inchs from there, to a e (maybe 2.75" cat) to a resonator, then a muffler, then out a 4 inch tip....

When i get the aussie stuff and chop out the resonator, it should make it louder yar?

acylon

I have 3" all the way out, with only one 3" race cat. It still isn't that loud. But it sounds great!

GT4TOY

I've got a custom downpipe, going into a 3" S/S exhaust stright back with no cats and 1 muffler, sounds VERY nice on idle and under full boost, but on partial throttle it makes a hell of a noise (to much if you ask me).
Running without any muffler is going to be VERY loud.