Best Gas in Canada?

TomsGT4

I was using premium Esso, but my g/f & another guy I know say they are getting bad regular grade gas from them recently.
Not sure if I want to trust Esso anymore.

I've been reading the thread about the Chevron 100 Octane gas in the states.
I don't think we have anything close to that here.
Didn't Shell or Sunoco or Esso have 93 Octane gas at one point & then discontinue it?
Where do guys fill up?

LechacZ

I have always used Sunoco Ultra (94 octane). Unless you're in the middle of nowhere it should be available on every Sunoco gas station

All4Traction

I run 92 octane. You can get 92 from husky/mohawk if u like the "enviro blend", I cant think off the top of my head what other places have 92. Well i know petrocan and Esso does here in Saskatchewan.

Rick89GTS

I don't like Esso or Shell.
I usually go with Mohawk/Husky 94 Octane. Seems to give me better mileage. Chevron is my next choice.

A

Anonymous

Only Chevron 94 octane goes in my car. I don't think there is anywhere else in Vernon that even sells 94 octane...

LechacZ

I think living in Windsor (ontario) you're stuck with Sunoco!
Pioneer gas stations used to have 93 oct but stopped selling it about 6months ago. Sunoco has good fuel specialy if you are boosting high.
BTW. They add up to 10% methanol to it

TomsGT4

Mmmmm Methanol....

mmmmmoctane9om.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Slink

I only go to Chevron... and usually get 94, sometimes 92octane

Gas is 105 cents/liter on the westcoast here :shock:

ChrisD

Husky/Mowhawk does 94 here.

We don't have Chevron or Sonoco stations in Alberta. I work across the street from Chevron's canadian head office though, which kind of p's me off. :shoots:

Rick, on husky/mowhawk gas...

its part ethanol...which delivers less energy/unit than normal gas. so you will make a bit more power on chevron. that said, gas mileage may vary. just something to note. hell, i use husky/mowhawk b.c thats my only choice. ;)

1stGenAllTrac

sunoco 94 in ottawa..
didnt everyone pretty much have 92 as premium until a couple years ago or am i imaganing things ? now its 91.. meh whatever.

back home there was a station sellin 100 race gas at the pump on the michigan side ~15 minute drive.

ChrisD

Esso had 92 until recently...then they changed to 91. Everywhere else here has always had 91. :(

I wish I could find 100 pump gas. That would rock. Oh well. There's always leaded race gas or a Toluene mix. :D

A

Anonymous

I tried a tank of that Mohawk 94 octane in my AllTrac and it idled like crap and was very hard to start... swiched back to Esso 91 and all was well!

lupin1x

I've always used Pioneer 91, only because i like the bonus bucks and i commute an hour a day in my alltrac and the cheaper the gas for me the better. :wink:

A

Anonymous

shell sucks. many friends have had some scary experiences with their fuels (using an additive to evaporate water when they found they had horrible power and watching the guage go down and down)
chevron is the ONLY teir 1 supplier in canada. that says something. in the okanagan youre using the shittiest gas in the world unless your running 94 from chevron. the others all come from the same place where they flow crude -----------> and refined <-------------- without cleaning the pipe. this causes the deposits to be cleaned by the refined fuel.
subsequentally the okanagan has a very high mortality rate for fuel pumps and filters. many dealers/shops actually stock the pumps here.