• got spanked...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Used to get spanked, now a SPANKER!

• All Trac broken....Frick!

• Total voters

acylon

Let me be the first to say I got spanked last year at woodburn when I was running 11psi on a brand new rebuild.

This year will be different... Me 360whp@17psi :D
I just would like to get a feel of our community and how we are stacking up to the new Rexes? I know they have the advantage of being brand new and tonnes of factory HP. We need to keep the All Trac name a force to be reckoned with. So lets hear it, lets get our old cars running and beat the Rexes! :shoots:

5speedGT4

Ive beaten a few stockish ones (exhaust mbc@18psi usually)..... Gonna run a decently modded one next weekend, and im betting itll be close.

They can definately be damned fast. You need to come to my town and beat our 12 second wrx :D

turbo4wd

I havent had any STi's hit me up or anything, but I know I could hang with a stock one..

unfortunately..

most aren't stock and with $300 worth of bolt-ons, they'll probably easily outpace me.. haha

White165

i beat my gf in her bug-eye rex all the time, but then again its stock and its automatic.

if i tried now, with my 165 in the condition it's in now, i'd probably get my ass handed to me :(

evasive

Last year I saw a regular REX with the STI wing and wheels- we went from 55-120 then he backed down. I was on his tail the whole way probably less than 2 car lenghts at most - I was damn proud of my stock 92 :)

ChrisD

WRX's are easy kills for me these days. STi's now, they are a bit more fun. I can and have beat them. But they are damn quick...I was surprised when I first raced one.

gtfourdreams

my little brother raced a WRX a few years back with his AE86 coupe. stock motor, stock LSD, with some TRD short strokes and stiffer springs, and i forget what tires he had (i wanna say falkens on mkII supra rims). it tailed my brother into the I94 tunnel (rated 35mph, 90 degree tunnel turn). they were WOT pushing past about 80mph before the tunnel and my brother kept pushing it to near 90mph through the tunnel, the WRX backed off and did about 65-70mph. after the tunnel straighten'd my brother was already 5-6 car lengths ahead. the WRX then pushed uphill to 100mph+ and my brother let him go past. hehehe...

most WRX/STi's are pretty fast, but their drivers aren't as insane. :)

EVcelica

i've beaten one on the highway a long time ago, it was modded i think( he had an exhaust and some stickers :lol: ) and i drove my friend stock wrx and was definatly not impressed.

SuperWhite92

I can take most WRX's with bolt ons. Intake Exhaust MBC and IC are no real problem anymore, and I can take STi's off the line (It seems to be that their drivers lack skill). The only problem is that the STi is more powerful than my car and will begin to overtake immediatly following the launch.

acylon

It was an Sti that beat me and he may of had mods.
The reason you beat them on launch may be that they have weak tranny's that need to be babied. Haha! NOT us! 3-2-1- LAUNCH!

I wonder dollar for dollar, which car I would like...
I think I could duplicate my car for prolly $20,000
What is an STi $30,000?
My All Trac,
Stronger tranny, Roll cage, more unique, 12sec 1/4 mile, better suspension, And turns in better according to a top co-driver.
What should I do to my car with the extra $10K?
Hmmmm....

evasive

I'm definitely not impressed with the performance offered by the regular WRXs.

I believe Chris O had this phrase on the back of his car- "AWD and a BIG TURBO- What, like that's new?" :D

Zeus

i remember back in the day when i just had exhaust intake and mbc i got beat by half a car lenght by my buddies wrx... best race ever... he beat me off the line and neither of us gained or lost any length... we were basically dead even... im sure we would have been back and forth had we kept racing but we only raced the once

I did totally work a wrx a couple years back when i had just gotten my autronic installed... at this point i dont think they would be much of a challenge... maybe for the 200 =)

havent had a chance to race an sti... that would be cool

C-dubb

No rexes for me but i did line up next to a evo 8 at the track...the driver was old and im not sure what his problem was but his reaction time and 60 foot were not reflective of the car just him. he still beat me by a car length

gpmarzan

not many wrx's wondering around my town. the only one i know with a subaru is my friend Dana with an sti. yup, i cant beat her :x :cry:

shoteh

Isn't it funny that more than half of the poll says their Trac isnt runnin properly or at all :( does this tell us something.

5speedGT4

yea thats pretty bad.... but i know the feeling, i have one in my garage not running... thankfully its not the one i REALLY care about... its ervins old car :lol:

acylon

shoteh":3de7cjhe said:
Isn't it funny that more than half of the poll says their Trac isnt runnin properly or at all :( does this tell us something.
Funny? I think its a bummer. I hope most of them are down due to killer mods being done...Yah, Right! :lol:

shoteh

no pain no gain I guess...but in our case, lotta pain, little gain...but it does pay off...o yea it wil pay off...it better pay off :x