Need info on my St205 parts.....

martin

Hi,

Ok, i have an ST205 motor with the electronics. I noticed my part #'s are a little diffrent from others. For example my map sensor has a higher #, etc.

This is my ecu # 89661-2B840

Map sensor .....89420-20310

Ok, i also have a white box computer which i have no idea what it does. It has 3 connectors going into it. I think the connector slots have a orange color. The part # for this thing is 88650-2B310. Anyone know what it is and what it does?

thanks,

Martin

martin

thanks Gary.

Do you or anyone else know what the other part # i have listed might be?

Does the ST205 motor have a sepporate ecu for the intercooler?

I saw on a website that the st185 has a orange relay box under the glove box for the IC water level sensor, but i have not found such a part under the dash on my st205 clip.

Martn

Gary

martin":2yjo7oi3 said:
Does the ST205 motor have a sepporate ecu for the intercooler?
No.

martin":2yjo7oi3 said:
I saw on a website that the st185 has a orange relay box under the glove box for the IC water level sensor, but i have not found such a part under the dash on my st205 clip.

You meant ST185RC?. A normal ST185 has A/A IC.
Still, I have never heard of a separate ECU for IC.
The water level sensor is in the intercooler.
Both ST185RC and ST205 have water level sensor signal
wire (LEV) from the intercooler to the main ECU.
There is no separated IC ECU.

martin

Thanks Gary.

sorry, one more question....

I'm using all the oem electronics. I'm not using the oem pump for the ic. Will i have the check engine light cone on with a code 54 and can i do a quick wire splice to fool the ecu that there is not a problem with the IC water level. etc.

Martin

Gary

I think I may be wrong about the seperated ECU for IC in ST185RC.
There was a guy said that it is written in the BGB.
I'll try to find out more about that. :shrug:

Gary

By the way, about the code 54, you can try one of these methods

ST165 intercooler pump removal

If you remove the pump motor you will get a code# 54. (bad IC pump motor)

If you remove the IC itself you also will get a code# 54. (low IC coolant)

The code may limit your boost.

The wire from the loom to the IC float needs to be jumped Just connect one to the other, solves low coolant signal.

The wires that go to the pump need a resistor from Radio Shack or some other electronic store. I used a 20w 8ohm resistor. You just connect the wires from the loom that goes to the pump to the resistor . One wire to one end of resistor and the other wire to the other end, positive or negative doesn't matter. Remember resistors get hot so it’s a good idea to attach it in some manner to metal.

Or do the IC pump constant run
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/celicagt4/ ... nstant.htm

martin

thanks, now i know what needs to be done.

btw; the link that you posted above, that is where i have seen the orange box under the glove box, so i thought that it had to be under the glove box of my st205 clip too.... but now i know better. LOL

thanks,

Martin