RSX Type S

four twenty

I had a brief run-in with a type-s. This dude kept provoking me by speeding up and that deal where they slow back down to wait for you to take their bait. I wouldn't take his bait so he got behind me and started tailgating me like a dumb drunk.

Moments later, I'm pulling up to a stoplight and ofcourse he rapidly whips his car over to the opposing lane. I assumed it would be a pretty even run (the RSX Type S is supposed to be a 14.8-15.5 second car) and there wasn't much traffic or cops in sight so I went for it. I semi-bogged off the line but by the end of 3rd gear, it was close-he had a nose on me. I shifted to 4th and reeled him in rather quickly. By the time I had about a car and a half on him, he shut it down to the point where he could have easily made the next light but decided to stay behind.

My car is moderately modified (k&N drop-in filter, gutted cat, custom exhaust, MBC set @ approx. 12-13 p.s.i., and BOV) but I expected to lose.

I'm about 99.7% sure that the Acura was bone stock; they're not exactly sleds. That VTEC seemed pretty effective in the flesh.

Has anyone else raced one?

Conan

four twenty":orbtl4nq said:
I'm about 99.7% sure that the Acura was bone stock; they're not exactly sleds. That VTEC seemed pretty effective in the flesh.

Has anyone else raced one?
Nothing magical, the rsx has more HP at the wheels plus it's lighter.

A

Anonymous

Nothing magical, the rsx has more HP at the wheels plus it's lighter.

I know they're lighter but at best they're pushing 155-165 hp to the front wheels. With my mods, I doubt a stock RSX type-s has more ponies to the wheels.

I can't believe nobody else has raced one of these things-I mean they're everywhere.

A

Anonymous

Im pretty sure Acura RS-X Type S is the same as Integra Type R (JDM/Euro/Aus DM) and depending on what model year those things can be real quick...up to a certain point. I used to have a Subaru Legacy GT which was a wee bit faster than the GT-FOur and when i raced a DC2 Type R it had me to 100km and even then, it wasn't going to be an easy kill...

DOn't underestimate them. Stock for stock i'd say they would win in the dry against a 165/185.

my 2 psi

I ran agianst my cusins type-s with my 91 AT. It was a good race. I was surprised it kepted up with me til third gear then I slowly pulled away hittin 120mph on the freeway. Type-s no joke! :D .

I also ran agianst my uncle's EVO. WOW. I don't even want to say. Lets say I didn't even shift to third:doh:

I raced my buddy's type S in my GT. This was the first time I'd been to a strip in 2 years and I sucked coming off the line. He ended up beating me by a few tenths, but he only was hitting 98-99 mph at the traps where I was over 100. His car is modded pretty well, it puts down ~220 whp, where I'm around 230, but I have 2X the torque :D .

jprine01

Reminds me of when i bullied a rsx-s on the highway. I was cruising home from carbondale to chicago on 57 going about 90. He came from behind going fast and tried to pass me about 20 times, every time i would hit the gas and blow him a block back. He would try to race but his car couldnt really go faster then 120 and by that time i was doing 140. I would then slow down to like 65mph in the left lane for a while (Friend was following me in his *slow* car) then when i seen him comming up to pass me on the right going like 90+ I would wait until he is right next to me then floor it in 3rd, i would catch up in speed before he was even a car length infront of me, then shoot past him. This went on for like 2 hours strait, it made the long ride fun for both of us I think. My passanger thought it was funny anyway. This was in my supra my alltrac *was* slow as hell above 100.