Hillsboro Oregon Rally School Review.

AWDios

Well, we drove down on Friday to arrive in Hillsboro at about 5pm.
At this point we sat in a classroom and talked about all forms of rally, from Stage Rally (Like you see on Speed) to TSD (Time, Speed, Distance) Rally, where you are given check points, directions, speeds and times, and the object is to navigate public roads, at or below the speed limit and arrive at all the check points as close to your designated time as possible.

Saturday morning, we had to be in the field at 8:30am for tech inspection. They check for loose items, tires with air, lights and horn, as well as safety equipment.

We had seven stations to work on in the field.
Skidpad,
Figure 8
Slalom
Long Sweeper Turn
Decreasing Radius Turn
Hairpin Turn
And Braking.

Here's the pics I got from the first day (clickable thumbnails.)

Before:

During:

After:

The next day was a rallyx competition, which is pretty much identical to an autox, except we were in the same muddy grass field. Adam's car wasn't doing so hot in the mud, so I let him drive mine for the day. To my dismay he did place better than me, I got 16th and he had 11th.

Here's pics from that day:

I know the pics aren't the best, but we were really focused on taking video footage, which I hope to have up this week, hopefully Adam can post some more pics too.

If any of you are wondering, I think most people could have participated in this. There were lots of 2wd cars, and they only had a lot of trouble, the first day when it was really wet and sloppy. In the Rallyx it was a little more dry and they did fine. I would suggest snow tires or rally tires. But just to give you an example there was a lowered Mini Cooper S with SSR comps and Bridgestone S-03's that did pretty well. and no damage to the car.

PreGrid

Thunder Hill raceway is supposed to have one in September if memory serves. It's a CRS School... check out the Local SCCA Region's site. You can link to it through www.scca.org

I am the NORPAC Rally Cross Steward, in charge of Rally Cross in 7 states, including Northern California... but I can't speak for Southern California.

I think CRS does a couple a year down there.

Good luck,

Scott
-------