Group A from OZ

Puffy

Hi everyone,
My car has been off the road now for over a year now and its starting to get me a bit down :cry:

I have owned it (more like its owned me) for 10 years. Its going through its final phase of mods. I think it will be my weekend car once its finished with perhaps the odd track day now and then.

Sorry about the quality of the pics as they are scanned from old photos.

Castrol Graphics - What started out as a bit of fun led to a year sponsor ship.

gt42hs.jpg

Leather interior came next and the car was decked out with state of the art Alpine gear that year

leather1et.jpg

Auto team preped the car for race events in return for advertising on the car.

rally5rd.jpg

race3lj.jpg

Castrol sponsership ended. Last event for castrol was at Bathust 1000. A big racing event in OZ 8)

Auto team requested the car continue to be a sweep car at rally events. Could not follow through due to work commitments. :doh:

All stickers removed. Good not to attract so much attention anymore.
Started working on the performance side of things.

ct26vsgt305fa.jpg

wta7ym.jpg

fm11gm.jpg

fm20hw.jpg

fm32xd.jpg

fm47fn.jpg

Additions to the car in the last year have been a worked 205 motor.
Full rewiring of the engine bay :doh:
carbon kevlar seats and willan harnesses
weds SA90 forged wheels
wedssa902rd.jpg

Jic magic suspension
d234ww.jpg

earls coolers
Evo 8 DBA floating discs with 205 calipers
blah blah blah anyway thats the story and when its complete I will post some decent pictures but unfortunatly it wont be anytime soon.

RIalltrac

you confused me for a minute with the pic of the wta i/c then the next pic was of that monster front mount. Either way, thats a clean looking car. Good luck with the buildup (cause we all need a little luck :wink: )

jprine01

I think he had the W2A intercooler when he had the stickers.

Awsome car, those leather seats look awsome why get rid of them? I was planning on getting some seats done like that (probably just plain black)

Minde_Kei

jprine01":1jk73uv2 said:
Awsome car, those leather seats look awsome why get rid of them? I was planning on getting some seats done like that (probably just plain black)
you know sometimes feel is more important than looks

Puffy

jprine01":20n2f1he said:
I think he had the W2A intercooler when he had the stickers.

Yeah, the car had the standard WTA setup but after some testing of intake temps I decided to go with the frontmount.

I ended up selling the leather seats and keeping the race ones. Not only were they much lighter but as Minde_Kei said they feel great and much more secure. I should have built 2 different gt4's come to think of it :lol:

Thanks for the comments.

Puffy

GT4times2":34435obh said:
Real nice....I cant find those Racing Hart Tracers anywhere. I've looked all over. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, after upgrading the brakes they would not fit. Sadly sold them to another GT4 owner. Had to get them drilled as they were not available in 5x100. Not sure they ever made them in that stud pattern.

Puffy

Thanks for all the comments.

I will be using the JIC for track mainly. No real HP goals but would like to see how it compares now to last time it was placed on the dyno.

Rainey

Hey Afro, sweet Grp A mate. Have you got any idea what No. out of 150 Aus delivered Grp A's it is? Loved the Castrol livery.

Meurz

Nice car you have there! As a Jap-wheel-searching-CS-driver, I'd like to know which size and offset those Weds are (and the need of spacers?).. V nice car! 8)

Puffy

17 by 7.5 and offset is 45. You dont need spacers but to fill the guards 20mm spacers would do the trick.

Meurz you car is got to be one of the finest red CS I have ever seen. Nice find.

Meurz

Thanks! :) Can you post or PM some pics of your Weds fitted please? So you're saying the Gram Lights 17x7.5 +40 I'm looking @ wont be a problem but 20mm spacers fill the rear perfectly? Cool 8)

BTW, looks like you have the cast SA-90. The forged ones are only available in 18 or 19" according to Gruppe-S.com? Very nice wheels though :notworthy: