manual boost controller or not, that is the question

AWD_MOFO

So i've been eyeing this Dual stage MBC from Turbo-sx for a while know and i wana know some feed back from people who own/owned a MBC. This particular MBC has two boost controllers connected to each other and with a flip of a switch can open the second one set at whatever psi you choose. I'm thinking, great, it's compact, and i can go from a daily 8psi to like 12-14 psi in an instant in case some honda nerd thinks his turbo running -2 psi is cool . Hit me back with the good and the bad on this MBC. thanks!

alltracman78

Never used this particular mbc, but I would reccomend one. Even if set at fact boost, it will make your boost raise up quicker.
don't know about the 2 stage :| You only really need one boost level (Unless you have 2 different fuel maps, and one is for race gas, in that case you can run higher boost, but only with those maps), so this might be overkill. I spent $21 on mine, and it works fine.
If you don't want to hit a higher boost, relax your foot. :wink:

BoostJunkee

The only advice I can offer on MBC's is be careful with them. They are pretty well known for boost spikes.

Commonly they will spike up 2-4psi over where its set, then settle down to where it is supposed to be.

SLC Punk

I built my MBC (only 1 setting) and I have never had any boost spikes or boost creep. I used the procedures from a DSM board, but used a dual ball and spring setup instead of the single ball and spring that the instructions used.

I run 10.5 and have found that to be a happy medium. 8)

BoostJunkee

SLC Punk":2jx80hgd said:
I built my MBC (only 1 setting) and I have never had any boost spikes or boost creep. I used the procedures from a DSM board, but used a dual ball and spring setup instead of the single ball and spring that the instructions used.

link those instructions please :)

Zeus

i praise mbc's for being cheap boost control... BUILD YOUR OWN!!! they are just as good

however if your getting more serious as far as larger turbos ect... def dont cheap out... but if your just looking for some more fun on a basically otherwise stock car... do it up for sure... just watch the boost gauges... espesially on cold nights... as mbc's are very weather dependant

SLC Punk

BoostJunkee":38otr8m8 said:
SLC Punk":38otr8m8 said:

link those instructions please :)

Here you go.
http://www.geocities.com/chmwatson/FAQs/mbc.html
8)