Houston Question

Griffin

I'm going tobe moving to Houston and I was hoping if there are any locals on here you could let meknow if there are any areas in north or northwest Houston that have good schools and preferably no emissions to pass?

Many thanks - if someone makes a suggestion that pans out and I buy a place there I'll buy you dinner or help you out with working on your car or something :D

lica-deuce

i have lived in northwest houston my whole life...i think you will certianly be enjoying yourself. about the schools i am not sure what you mean. for your kids? or for you in college? what do you mean? i know this city like the back of my hand if you have any questions about anything i will certianly be able to help you out.

Griffin

93celicaswap":3f1gilgt said:
i have lived in northwest houston my whole life...i think you will certianly be enjoying yourself. about the schools i am not sure what you mean. for your kids? or for you in college? what do you mean? i know this city like the back of my hand if you have any questions about anything i will certianly be able to help you out.

coolness!

The school question is for my daughter - I'm long since done with school.

A

Anonymous

i went to Klein Forest High School in the NW side of houston. the Klein district is very good however KF is kinda crummp, but the others are well known rich kid school. the best school district is CY-Fair. the is about eight high schools and the area around cy-creek is very nice. along with Klein High school. avoid Aldine and Spring...look for Klein and Cypress Fairbanks....you cant go wrong
if you are moving in the north burbs....woodlands is the way to go but that far from the city

if you are looking for college tell me i know them all

Griffin

Anonymous":3afyk2w8 said:
i went to Klein Forest High School in the NW side of houston. the Klein district is very good however KF is kinda crummp, but the others are well known rich kid school. the best school district is CY-Fair. the is about eight high schools and the area around cy-creek is very nice. along with Klein High school. avoid Aldine and Spring...look for Klein and Cypress Fairbanks....you cant go wrong
if you are moving in the north burbs....woodlands is the way to go but that far from the city

if you are looking for college tell me i know them all

Thanks!

And no need on the college for the time being, but thanks anyhow.

The two places we lik ethe looks of the most so far are both in Cy Fair

lica-deuce

yeah that was me earlier, forgot to sign in.

When are you moving down there? i would be glad to show you around and see your car :)

Griffin

93celicaswap":37h8vn1x said:
yeah that was me earlier, forgot to sign in.

When are you moving down there? i would be glad to show you around and see your car :)

We should get in late Sunday night. The car probably won't show up for a couple weeks however. (coming on a covered transport)

Furious82

Griffin, just wonderin if you made it down? I was down last weekend helping my g/f buy a 02 MR2 spyder and was gonna find an excuse to take it for a while but i had no idea if you were down yet. Hoe everything is goin alright with the move.

Griffin

Sorry I'vebeen AWOL - this hotel has a shit internet connection.

Anyways yeah - I made it here OK. We close on a house this Friday (the 29th) in Cypress - pretty close to 1960 about halfway between 290 and 249

Car is here but in storage at a co-worker's place out in the boonies.

Furious82

I know where that is. There is a placethat sells woodworking materials off of 290 around there. I go buy pen making supplies sometimes. Hope all the the paperwork and BS goes alright with the house tomorrow. Ill be up there up there tomorrow to help my girlfriend with her car not to far from there.

Furious82

Where exactly is that meet held? Id love to see what an alltrac look like when its drivable. Its just been so long since i have driven mine :cry: . Since im going up there this weekend i may not be able to go next weekend though :(

Griffin

They bumped it up a week and had it this Friday. The good news is my stuff gets here Today (wednesday) so we should be moved in by the end of this weekend. Means if you want to try to hook up for a few hours next weekend it should be doable.

Furious82

This summer session is over on the 11th, then classes start for the fall on the 24th, which gives me about 2 weeks vacation. We can try to get together sometime then. If it dont work out then its not a big deal since im sure your not going anywhere for a while and im sure as heck not moving. Its not like we have a small time window like i did when i wanted to meet ChrisO for a houston meet. Im sure we will get a time set one day so its not a big deal. Glad to hear the move is going OK. Just a little FYI, they put a law into action in Houston that says if your car is on the side of the highway for (10? 20? 30?)minutes then they will come a tow it to get it off the road. I forgot the time limit but i hope your good with a jack. Dont know how much they enforce it either.

Griffin

Sounds fun to me.

I have ASE recertifications on Saturday the 20th, but otherwise I'm pretty open on the weekends - just have a lot of unpacking to do still is all.