New aussie goodness :)

Incubusrocks84

Here's just a couple pics of my new 3'' midpipe from aussie. get rid of the hunk of junk that was leaking and on my car before! look how bad that is!

anyway, runs much smoother! think i have to trim a tiny bit of the front crossmember cuz i hear it vibrating on it at a certain rpm. That i'll do sunday. next is a 3" catback... of what brand i don't know....

f7104f54.jpg

f7104f56.jpg

f7104f52.jpg

RIalltrac

think i have to trim a tiny bit of the front crossmember cuz i hear it vibrating on it at a certain rpm

let me guess somewhere around 4k? I'm having the same issue. I've tried adjusting it a couple times. Do you have the dp as well? No coatings? or did you just not coat the flex section?

Incubusrocks84

it's actually around 2100-2300 it vibrates. Not real bad though. i'm fixing that tomorrow, i can take some pictures and post them up.

Anyway, i have an aussie 3" downpipe as well, no coating on that. My midpipe came with that coating! i didn't order it or anything. So i was happy about that :D

Let me tell you it is one nice peice of work though, bolts up nicely and fits up under there pretty good, the cat is a little close to my driveshaft, but nothing to be concerned about.

BraveUlysses

Did you hook up that large hoseclamp that comes on the Aussie MP to the body? The stock unit had a mounting spot near there, and when I tried to connect the Aussie to the same spot (must be what that clamp is intended for) it would make extreme amounts of noise under deceleration, so I ended up removing it, and it seems to work just great now.

turbo4wd

A few of the guys who run the system, myself included lowered the front crossmember a little bit using washers and longer bolts.. It works wonders.. :D

Incubusrocks84

i did use the hose clamp, i did think i could cause some noise

anyway the washers idea on the crossmember sounds more inviting than trimming it. thanks for the good idea!

but i'm sure u all know, this is one nice mp. i notice some diff. in pull at certain rpms, more up high in the rpms.

RIalltrac

wait until you get the stock catback off, then you'll feel and hear the real difference

on a side note though, I didnt get a clamp on the midpipe to hook to anything on the body. Unless something is missing and I never realized it :shrug:

Incubusrocks84

seams to just be a useless hose clamp anyway. It was making noise, it makes it rattle against the metal bracket the old one atached to.

BraveUlysses

Yeah, exactly. However it would probably work okay if you used some sort of chunk of rubber between the pipe and the bracket, but probably not worth the effort.

Incubusrocks84

i was thinking the same thing..... but then since u said it works fine without it, i would much rather just take the hose clamp off of the bracket. :D

well gotta get going to workin on it before the eagles game! go eagles!!!!!

cheers

Incubusrocks84

tried picking up bolts today but the stores were all closed within a short distance. i didn't feel like waiting cuz i have the crossmember off again already..... so i just took my grinder and grinded away at it and fit it until there was enough clearance. then painted it with engine enamel so prevent rust. i also took that hose clamp off too.

I took it out for a spin and is smooooooothhhhhh... ahh i love it... nice to have a quiet car while it idles. and throaty when at full boost!

anyway, it wasn't too hard of a job so anybody that has that problem i would say it is an easy fix depending on what your looking for and cheaper than buying 4 longer bolts

cheers!