MBC at 12 psi

Conan

InitialD93":36m73v60 said:
how is a 15.3 1/4 time at 92 MPH for a mildly modded ST185
This is so LAME!!! :evil: hahahaha 8)

Just playing :twisted:
Did you launch it hard?

InitialD93

do i take it that this is not a good time.... my 1/8th was a 10.1, 60ft was 2.2, RT was 0.9

i have a MR2 ECU so my fuel cut is at 15 psi

the civic that raced with me ran a 18.6 and it was stockish except for a muffler and CF hood

best time i ever got with the car stock was a 10.0 in the 1/8th and that was launching on red line, i only launched at about 4000 on this 1/4 mile run

im really confused because if this is a bad time im wondering whats wrong... what times should those mods be showing?

bradc

I think it's your launch and reaction time. I was running anywhere from 10.1 to 11.2 in the 1/8th until I found out where it wanted to be dropped. I usually run 9.6-9.8 in the 1/8th with an almost bone stock 165 now.

Mafix

you should be running easily a mid to low 14. hell mine with the fresh swap and boost retard and safe mode ran a 15.1.

acylon

Try launching at 5000rpm. Be sure to shift b4 you hit rev limit as you will lose time if you do. If you are running street tires use normal pressure, I have found that letting air out makes traction worse. Don't drive thru the water box. Don't shift B4 7000rpm in any gear.
Try all of these things and your time will improve. :D

BADNEWS

just to have sometyhing to compare to I ran 14.2 @92 mph with a 1.9 60 foot.

mods where
hks intake
plug wires
ct20B trbo at 15 psi
underdrive crank pulley
HKS BOV
Full exhaust (DP, midpipe and catback)

so your mph is high enough that your car should be mid 14's easy.

2of81

rm2932":1w1gq675 said:
just to have sometyhing to compare to I ran 14.2 @92 mph with a 1.9 60 foot.

so your mph is high enough that your car should be mid 14's easy.

Yea I was gonna say thats a good mph comparing to my bone stock All-Trac that I did a 15.58 @ 85 mph. So I can see its you getting off the line is the problem, .

j-gt4specs

acylon":myqn2un3 said:
Try launching at 5000rpm. Be sure to shift b4 you hit rev limit as you will lose time if you do. If you are running street tires use normal pressure, I have found that letting air out makes traction worse. Don't drive thru the water box. Don't shift B4 7000rpm in any gear.
Try all of these things and your time will improve. :D

Don't shift b4 7k rpm wouldn't 2nd gear grind after you've done launching 1st? Well maybe just me not knowing where to shift but after 1st I hit about 5k rpm and shift to 2nd? sometimes i even have to wait to go into 2nd cause it wont go in at all and just give me a loud grinding noise...

InitialD93

well i didnt shift untill red line, my tires are at normal pressure, and i dont really have traction problems as i dont even chirp them if i dump the clutch on revlimiter... i do have stock clutch so that may be part of my launch problem

oh well something to work on :oops:

CelicaAllTrac92

The 60 ft time will make a big difference, and as a reminder the R/T has no effect on the ET. The stock clutch is holding you back a good bit. I couldn't get a sub 2.0 60 ft with mine. I can get 1.8 and 1.9's all day long with my Spec clutch though. Launching at 4k is too low, and redline is way too high. That'll destroy that stock clutch in no time. Try 5k, and as you're letting it out and feel it grab, give it more gas and then floor it. That will keep it from bogging. How fast are your shifts? Are you having to shift slow to get it into any gears? You definitely should be running low 14's with that setup, good launch, and shifts. Also, have you checked for any intake leaks? They're easy to get with as much piping as you have with a FMIC.

InitialD93

no intake leaks last time i did a leak test, shift is quick into all gears unless 3rd decides to be a bitch... sometimes when i shift to 3rd on red line it grinds and wont go in... 2nd grinds a bit if i shift hard but it always goes in, is there anything i can do to help this or is it just part of it (had the tranny refreshed a year ago).

i have an ACT 6puck and pressure plate in the garage but i gota get my ST165 running before i can think about attempting that. next mod will be ATS ROM tune so i hope that will help me a bit

Conan

SeanGTS":bchruupd said:
Its crazy to see an 10 MPH difference from the alltrac, to a swapped GTS.
Nothing crazy. GTS has more power to the wheels with the same motor, so at some point on the strip (when it has enough traction) it starts to accelerate faster.

SeanGTS

Sorry if i hijacked this thread. But yes, it is crazy. Its not that its not justified, 10 mph is a lot though.

Not bad Dustin, just keep on practicing!

A

Anonymous

Yea there is a big differance between the GTS and All-Trac if there is a 10mph gain, but there will be less of a differance between the ET because of the traction of the All-Trac.