Raced my 3SGTE powered St162 at the drags....

Sleeka_89

After months of trying to get in, i finally was able 2 race my car. i ran consistent 13.5s with the best time of 13.3@171km/hr. I was pretty happy with the time considering its a stock jdm 185 and stock turbo running through a FWD camry gearbox lol. i might be able to chop the time down abit more if the track temp was a bit lower, (it was 20C which is cold but its just finished winter here and it was down to 10C a couple of weeks ago), but i'm happy with wat i go.
My mods are:
-front mount
-15psi boost
-3 inch mandral exhaust
-ebay special manifold and dump
-filter
Two of the best moments was beating a E36 BMW M3 and a 250,000 Audi R6 V8 twin turbo... made me laugh :D
Just like to say thanks to u guys, ur help here and there made it possible.

Mafix

very nice i'm hoping to go to the track myself in 2 days...i'll post up what i do if i don't get rained out.
Nice numbers...i'm hoping to be in that range also.

Sleeka_89

Mafix":2us5ii5k said:
very nice i'm hoping to go to the track myself in 2 days...i'll post up what i do if i don't get rained out.
Nice numbers...i'm hoping to be in that range also.

Yeah i'd be interested to see wat u get, cause there was a 88 camry with the same ST185 conversion and he only ran a best time of 14.2 and he had an lsd mr2 box in his. I only got 200fwhp on the dyno...have u had urs dynoed??

Mafix

very very disappointed in my car.
i had huge problems geting off the line and ran 14.2's. i need a lsd tranny. consistent speed of 102mph but very bad 60 foot. 2.4-2.5. massive launch and tire spin issues. but all in all it felt strong with 104octane and it has a lot more. i just need to get an lsd tranny then 550's, install my safc, fcd, then boost 18 and that should get me closer to where i want to be.
i discovered that any rpm over 2500 resulted in tire spin and that was all she wrote after that. the more launch rpm i gave it the slower the e/t was.

Sleeka_89

Mafix":3okkjp24 said:
very very disappointed in my car.
i had huge problems geting off the line and ran 14.2's. i need a lsd tranny. consistent speed of 102mph but very bad 60 foot. 2.4-2.5. massive launch and tire spin issues. but all in all it felt strong with 104octane and it has a lot more. i just need to get an lsd tranny then 550's, install my safc, fcd, then boost 18 and that should get me closer to where i want to be.
i discovered that any rpm over 2500 resulted in tire spin and that was all she wrote after that. the more launch rpm i gave it the slower the e/t was.

Yeah i only have a camry box in mine and on my first run i got 14.0 witha 2.5s 60 foot time. I was doing the same as u intially with about a 3 grand drop but it either fried or bog down then came onto boost then fried. After that i changed my launch technique. i reved it to about 4100-4200 then i kind rode the clutch. Made a massive difference and i got my 60 foot times down to 2.2s which i reckons pretty good for a FWD single legger gearbox... try it next time u race. (i was even considering doing a second gear launch, not dropping it but riding it out, but i dont have a H/D clutch)

Mafix

i was planning on a no r launch and if that doesn't help then i'll try the feather out method. i just hate riding on the clutch. but we'll see it obviously worked for you so i'll give that a shot if the no rev doesn't work.