17x9" Sportmax 050 wheels ....

CMS-GT4

I was going to get these 500 shipped from sg motoring on ebay.

I think they were 21lbs. I thought they would be good daily driver wheels. The 17x9 has a nice dipped look.

The et is 38 though. Might need a small spacer.

gtfour77

That's what I was afraid of.... 21 lb is lot more than 17.5 for the 5Zigen FN01R-C....
Thank you for the info!

CMS-GT4

But they are also only 500 shipped for a set. Still a decent wheel. I thought abougt getting them for maybe daily driving/ show wheels.

If I bend one, I won't care as much since they are cheap.

The 5zigen seems to be the best deal. Might want to check into rotoa wheels. They have a 5 star wheel in 17x8.5 that looks decent and has 5/100 bolt pattern.

http://subydude.com/osc/product_info.ph ... 9efcbdd835

CMS-GT4

I think the rotas are supposed to be between 17-19lbs. I need a set for autox as well. Unless I fins something better, the 5zigen is most likely what I will get.

gtfour77

The Rotas only come with offset +48 which is way too off for our cars...One of our Suby guys has them....and yes, they're nice and light, but they don't have any other offsets for our 5x100... :(

gtfour77

Well I just ordered the Sportmax 050 wheels....17x9.... Should have them by Friday...and will definitelly post pictures and provide notes on fitment...
Very cheap and still forged wheels....and still decently light...(20lb I think)
Will update as soon as I get them...

CMS-GT4

Where did you get them from? The ebay guy, actually owns an alltrac.

He quoted me 500 shipped, but since my budget is tight, and I am not sure what my bolt pattern is going to be, I decided to hold off.

gtfour77

I got them from performancewheel.com....really friendly and $121 a wheel thought it was a good deal... and had them in stock and are being shipped today....

gtfour77

I just went with the silvers, I think I might do a little silver graphics experiment next year....(due to cracked rear wheel arch (due to wide tires... :doh: ( and now going even wider... :shock: )) and a very complicated white pearl job that would be impossible to blend in....are you confuse about what
I am trying to say yet ? lol
I just need to fix the rear part and some silver graphics would go nicely with the wheels I think.... My sig has the RoJa's I had until now...I thought it looked good...
But yes, bronze would be nice also... :wink:

CMS-GT4

I think if I get a set of these for street wheels, I will get the center bronzed to look like the wheels I have. The 17x9 has a nice dip that will look great on the car. Good purchase. I am just glad you didn't get the chrome ones. :wink:

What size tires are you doing? I am thinking 255 myself for the track. Might stick with 235 or lessfor the street.

gtfour77

If you're running 17x9, definitelly go with 275 for the track... Mustang guys put 275's on an 8" rim all the time..... so with 9" it should be perfect....
For the streets, I would go with 245...and even that will be a little "streched" on the 9" rims...
For the track go with 275 or even 295 if you somehow clear the struts and fenders.... :wink:

CMS-GT4

I am curious how your going to fir 275 under those fenders, but please post pics when you do. What profile will you run?

I would roll and slightly flare/ pull the fenders. If you look at some nice pics of the wrc 185 you can see how they did this.

gtfour77

I will definitelly post pics.....the tires are ordered so they better fit... :D
Also, I have full coilover setup so the perches are not in the way like on a stock strut... I was running hoosier 245 45 17 for a couple of years now with room to spare.... :wink:
If I have to, I will roll the fenders, but the offset on these wheels is 38 so I am going to try to tuck them in as far as they'll go...

gtfour77

Well, everything should be here by this Friday....should be put on by Saturday.... and we have an autocross on Sunday.....really can't wait.
Do you ever autocross your car? How far are you from Charleston WV? You should come down sometime!! It would be an honor to have another alltrac running with us!