Put badass high revving 300hp V8 in spare alltrac

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Terboman

I'd like to see someone do this swap too. I remember seeing a picture of some dude in Aus or something doing a V8 swap.

Can someone get more detailed pics of that car and post them? I'd like to see those pics again.

Stubble

The Lotus Esprit was a 4 cyl turbo motor with 280 hp. Someone figured out that it would be a good car with a Corvette ZR-1 motor in it, so they did it. I think a few years later Lotus was selling Esprits with V8s. So maybe you're on to something: Toyota un-cancels the Celica and puts their 4.3L V8 in it! 8)

SBCelicaGT

Dude, this is Lotus we are talking about. I doubt it was a hack job. Besides, it was a really small V8 anyway. 3.5L to be exact. If done properly, chances are the V8 setup did not weigh a significant amount more than the old 4 cyl despite the fact that the V8 also had an extra turbo.

alltracman78

Yeah, but from what I know of Lotus, the ideal is less weight. Thats why they've got a aluminum block in the newest ones.
I realize Lotus did it themselves, I was just saying hmmm. Not that it was a hack job.
And, yes, the V8 would weigh more, which is always a bad thing (in a Lotus).

SBCelicaGT

alltracman78":1vpy16b0 said:
Yeah, but from what I know of Lotus, the ideal is less weight. Thats why they've got a aluminum block in the newest ones.
I realize Lotus did it themselves, I was just saying hmmm. Not that it was a hack job.
And, yes, the V8 would weigh more, which is always a bad thing (in a Lotus).

Not necessarily. What if the 4 cyl was iron and the 8 cyl was aluminum? My V6 weighs less than a full 3SGTE so I don't see why someone can't design a lightweight high performance V8 with enough money.. i.e. Lotus.

jimlau

I say put a badass, high--revving 400+hp V8 in the thing. I'd drive out there to see it, as I live in SE MI. That would definitately turn some heads at a dragstrip. And the sounds would be great. I just read in Sport Compact Car about a guy who put a Northstar V8 into a Golf, and kept it FWD, so this idea isn't too far-fetched. I say go for it!

Mafix

800hp blown 400cu+ small block v-8...now i can see that. only take 2 months to do . unless monster garage does it for me. but 300 hp nah...import better.