Hi everyone, newbie here with a heater question

boosteddreams

Hey there, I just completed my collection of forced-induction Toyotas with a 1988 AllTrac. It's in good shape but there's one thing I'm unsure of- the heater doesn't blow hot. The blower works fine but it's just not putting out warm air. I'm thinking that whatever valve opens to allow coolant into the heater core may not be working properly, but I'm not sure how these cars or set up or how to test that. Any advice? Thanks in advance for your replies!!

InitialD93

there is a small actuator arm that comes out of the firewall that opens the water to flow into the heater core... check that... if not that i would check to see if the thermostat is good or ur core is blocked

fsmtnbiker

Whenever my car gets even a little bit low on coolant, the heater stops blowing hot. The car still runs nice and cool but the heater is a dead giveaway when I'm more than a pint low. Check that first!

InitialD93

if your water gets low enough for the heat to quit working.... you dont have any flow into your head because the heater lines are before the head on the elbow... i dont know how you are not overheating if your heat quits because of low water unless you have other problems

88Allheeze

i always have problems with the heater/coolant control valve sticking closed for the heatercore, its right off the firewall near the brakebooster area. My servo motor in the dash that opens and closes that valve gets stuck somtimes, I just push the little lever on the control valve and it works fine!