5SFE tranny (copied from turbo performance)

flyinfatman

First off im looking for anyone who has done the 3sgte ->into a front wheel drive celica. I mated up the 3s to a the 5s transmission and my question relates to the duarbility of this set up. Now before i get flamed i just want to state; i know the transmission wasnt developed for the 3sgte.

But im wondering if its worth rebuilding the entire gear set, syncros and installing a LSD.
Now has anyone done this?
is there anyone out in internet land that makes a LSD kit for this tranny? who has driven with this set up and how long did it last before the pin fell out of the hand grenade?
what do i need for the MR2 tranny swap?
and is anyone interested in a used alltrac tranny i got one sitting in a garage currently used as a paper weight

just wondering because ive spent 14 months building this car and if i take it out the first day i register the car and the tranny pops im gonna be one pissed off camper.

any input will be apreciated

~chuck

killer_siller

there are plenty of people that have done this. there's even a post here on taking a all-trac tranny (e50f, e150f, e151f) and making it fwd. MR2 trannies can also be modified rather easily to mount fwd. look around on 6gc.net, or celicatech, they seem to know quite a bit about this.

presure2

chuck, i currently am @ 235+whp and 270ftlbs in my 5sfTe powered celica, with stock tranny, and axels, daily driven.
unless your launching HARD at every stop light, and banging the syncros every chance you get, the tranny will be fine.

youlose1983

i ran my 92 gts w/ about 300hp at the wheels hard for about 2 years and the motor gave out before the tranny and then i scrapped it. you will be okay, just don't plan on 500hp.