bov flange

shoteh

where do you guys get your bov flange welded on? and how much does the labor usually cost...Im planning to get the ssqv , how much would the bov, kit, and labor cost be going for these day?...thanks...how long would they take? because its my daily driver

shoteh

would that be a bolt on..welding? cutting involved? theres a backoder on 935 right now..should I still purchase anyway? anywhere else it is found?

Gary

Samco T hose is bolt on, no welding, it's silicone.

st165SamcoHose.jpg

Griffin

I put mine on the intercooler tank (discharge side):

DSCN0312.JPG

Anyways I had it welded on to the inlet line when I had the stock TMIC but that was a mistake - it didn't totally clear and would rub on the hood - its very tricky where you have to place it - the Samco T hose is a way better option now that they make it.

omgitsroy326

dear gary.. i c after the bov u have a lil converter.... where do i get that ... also are all bov have the same inlet diameter???

Gary

Little converter? If you mean the recirculation kit, I think you can order it from 935motorsports.

shoteh

gary I see that your t hose is almost vertical coming down from the Ic to the turbo. mine is a top mount a2a ic not a water and the original pipe is curved instead of straight like yours. how does that work out. wouldnt the t hose hafta be diaganol cuz both the inlet are not vertical?

Gary

OK I got it now. You are talking about T-hose on ST185. The T-hose replaces the stock hose between compressor outlet and intercooler.
btw, the pictures is not my car.

MR2bpv.jpg

shoteh

sorry j/w again. with the t hose would you need to buy the kit( the flange) or can you go with the "universal" ones without any thing extra. kind of dumb ? but jus to make sure so I dont spend anymore $ if dont have to. with the t hose all you would need is the bov itself right? :shrug: and does the ssqv fit right in the t hose?

alltrac.net

Some valves can be used with no extra parts, like Turbo XS.

Greddy, HKS SSQV, Blitz, and others require an adapter.

935 has complete BOV kits for every BOV out there.

alltrac.net

Some valves can be used with no extra parts, like Turbo XS.

Greddy, HKS SSQV, Blitz, and others require an adapter.

935 has complete BOV kits for every BOV out there.

toayoztan

For cars with no stock flange or adapter for any bov, some have found and bought flanges or adapters from other stock turbo cars (such as sr20 or wrx) and weld the flange on the piping...that way, you can use other bovs made for that car (more specifically, that adapter/flange).

Bryan

Just go with samco t-hose =)

By the way, i'm way too lazy and impatient to order a samco t-hose...would anything else work locally i could find? I've got a mr2 bpv i really should be putting on.

Thanks!