Going with Aussie full system soon and need help?

vondoom

hey guys- now ive installed any number of exhausts from cat back to full in all manner of hondas, but having owned this picky little beast we call the alltrac for a coupla years now, ive learned not to take any chances, and seing as im gearing up to buy the ausie exhaust system hopefully in the next month or so, i wanted to check with you guys to see what im gonna need as far as tools and what to look out for ie: general issues and problems. also, how much downtime were looking at here. thanks allot for all your help.

AJ
Frosty Jack

illGT4

others def. know more.. but here is what I recall.

Be sure to tighten everything slowly... meaning do no tighten one part of the exhaust completly, then move on to the next.

you want to slowly tighten each section of the exhaust (dp to front, front to mid, etc..) to be sure that you don't get rubbing on the cross member.

Other than that, it's completly bolt on, and shouldn't take you too long to accomplish, especially if you have a lift or another person handy..

Good Luck,

alltracman78

Prolly going to need to knock a [small] dent in the pipe where it goes over the fr cross member.
Also, make sure it's tight, as in the whole exhaust. If it's loose, it will have more play, and rattle.

vondoom

tighten slowly, got it, much like one does with rims, screw all the lugs in and then tighten everything down

vondoom

ok, once again working with limited experience here, how does one 'knock a dent' are we just talking about taking a hammer to it to bend it so it clears the crossmember?

Gary

evolv [iceman said:
":2ra0v7rn]ok, once again working with limited experience here, how does one 'knock a dent' are we just talking about taking a hammer to it to bend it so it clears the crossmember?
You got it right!
Or you could put spacers/longer bolt there.

RIalltrac

Ya forget that dent, I personally think this system is too expensive to dent. you could take a sledge to your crossmember in that area, off the car of course. Or you can buy bolts that are longer than the ones currently holding crossmember on, then put a washer or two above the crossmember to drop it a couple mm's, others have done this without problems and I will once I stop being lazy :p

alltracman78

Dent doesn't have to be that bad....
dent.jpg

toayoztan

illGT4":3usvmdrx said:
you want to slowly tighten each section of the exhaust (dp to front, front to mid, etc..) to be sure that you don't get rubbing on the cross member.

I don't mean to question you, but is it just me, or have i seen it posted some time in the past that the proper way to tighten up the aussie exhaust is from the rear to the front? If i'm wrong, then nevermind what i'm talking about :D !

Bryan

alltracman78

Don't think it matters which way you tighten it.... :|

The midpipe fits fine, as long as it doesn't move, once it starts to vibrate, and flex with the engine, it will rattle agains the crossmember.
Unless maybe you have just the right tolerances.

BraveUlysses

silverarrow":sen539k3 said:
When I had the aussie mp and catback I didn't need to knock a dent at all. Fits perfectly like stock.

Thats funny because the catback I bought from you rattles like crazy. I need to go bang it around a bunch I think.

RIalltrac

I've noticed that I get a ton or rattle from the heat shield thats goes around the muffler. I kept it there because of the gas tank, not sure if it matters enough. I'd rather not take chances like that though

silverarrow

BraveUlysses":17vh7pd1 said:
silverarrow":17vh7pd1 said:
When I had the aussie mp and catback I didn't need to knock a dent at all. Fits perfectly like stock.

Thats funny because the catback I bought from you rattles like crazy. I need to go bang it around a bunch I think.

That's crazy :shrug: , didn't on mine. It was like stock when I installed it.

tim

Be sure to tighten everything slowly... meaning do no tighten one part of the exhaust completly, then move on to the next.

Other than that, it's completly bolt on, and shouldn't take you too long to accomplish, especially if you have a lift or another person handy..

This is the best advice out there....install everything loosely and tighten everything up bit by bit. If you can use small wooden shims to set your clearance, Dennis Heath found that method to work the best.

Tim
Aussie Exhaust - USA