why are these vac lines not connected?

redtrousers

I'm a new owner of a 1992 Celica Turbo4wd/Alltrac. Going over things, I noticed that there are 2 Vacuum lines (I assume these are vacuum lines) that are not connected and are plugged off (see attached image).
Is this some type of modification? If so what's the benefit of this? If these belong somewhere where should the vacuum lines go to?

[album]1340[/album]

FC Zach

One is for EGR (port labeled E) and the other is for the charcoal canister (P). . Your EGR isn't there (is this a JDM replacement?) and the steel tube/bracket that line (P) would have connected to is absent as well.

https://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=52967&start=15

Edit: I noticed your location. . I'm not sure of the configurations for the 3S that CA received so your throttle body may not be stamped like the one in the link provided above. . and yours may not have had an EGR either. I have a JDM Gen 2 that looks like yours.

redtrousers

Someone could have swapped out the engine at some point in the car's life. When I got the car the person didn't have any records of it's past. I'll go over the link you posted.
Thanks.

redtrousers":1i2zijzh said:
Certainly does. I can now see the part that's missing.
You can only see the parts missing that are at the top backside of the engine. The EGR valve itself is likely gone also, which is tucked under the modulator and the VSV (per view below)

file.php

Given the OP was referencing a 1992 USDM ST185, perhaps this version in Toyota-based forum would have been more appropriate.

Attachments

• 3S-GTE EGR Vacuum Schematic.jpg
    3S-GTE EGR Vacuum Schematic.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,261